MAKE YOUR OWN KERMIT...Sort of

pdbooch

Reaction score
Hey All,
I don't know if this has been discussed yet...

OK, so I won an auction on ebay not long ago of the Kermit Frogtographer from Macy's with the intent of turning it into a puppet. A friend already gave me one for my birthday back in December and ever since then, I've thought, "that would make a great puppet." So I went on ebay and found an excellent price for the plush and did it. I have to work on the body and the fingers yet, and the head definately needs foam work but it really looks like the real thing. I strongloy suggest you all go and do this. You won't be sorry.

Plus if you want to make your own Kermit, this is a great way to examine the design.

Patrick

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If you are heartless enough, you can take him totally apart at the seams and you have a Kermit the Frog pattern. I want to do that, but I haven't got the nerve.

And he's happy about that!! --->:smile:

pdbooch

Reaction score
Yes, yes, I'm cold and heartless...oh the burden of being evil...ho hum...none the less, my Kermit is so much happier now that he doesn't have to only speak 4 lines. I've given him a real voice. Its all for the better.

I haven't taken it apart totaly, just enough for use as puppet. I actuall can't bring myself to pull it apart completely...Guess I'm not THAT evil after all.
Patrick

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
pdbooch said:
Hey Muppet Pro,
Yep! I made them about 10 years ago or so, when I was about 15. It's funny the items I used to make them. I had no money then, so I had to scrounge around my attic to find whatever I could. Once I did get small amounts of money together, I would by yarn, felt, ping-pong balls, glue etc. I just wish I knew back then that I could hot glue foam. Would have saved me some time. Oh well, 20/20 hindsight.
Do you have photos of your puppets to post?
Patrick
Your puppets are great! I like audrey 2! :smile: