How do you make teeth?

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I hear wood is nice, but you can get splinters in your ice cream.

Ruben

Reaction score
I've made teeth out of hot glue that have worked great I usually use this method when making single teeth (buck teeth for example, or the one-tooth back woods kind of puppet)
lay out wax paper and using a hotglue gun lay down a layer of hot glue, place two pins side by side in the hot glue, and squeeze out a little more glue on top of them so that the pins are in the middle of the future tooth, when it's dry using an x-acto knife cut the tooth to size, making sure the pin head is in the center of the tooth, now the tooth will be clear but use white nail polish (putting on a couple of layers) to make pearly whites or yellow if the puppet has a gum disease or black if the disease is really bad you get the idea, :embarrassed:)

Stick Pigeon

Reaction score
If you use MOdel Magic, make sure you paint it with a few layers of glues first. it'll keep it from breaking apart on you.

For really scary teeth, I have a treick I use where I take a hot glue stick and cut it into small bits. I then put the bits in a bowl of warm water and nuke it for a few seconds. then I take the bowl out carefully fish out the hot glues with a spoon and what you got is hot glue the soft enough to shape but not hot enough to burn. You simply pinch one end so it looks jagged. then, becasue it's hot glue you just heat up your gun melt the non-jagged edge and stick it right to your puppet. The effect is pretty awesome.

--Matt

I just tried the glue bits trick and they came out amazing! Thank you!! I didn't know how well it would work at first, I wasn't able to make them as smooth as I was hoping for, but after painting them with white nail polish, they are smooth and have no finger prints or anything on them. Great trick!