"Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
But What I DON'T I Get Is Why They Slating It So Far Away, I Mean When November 2015 Comes I'll Be Almost 19!!! And I'll Probaly Be Submitting My Stuff By Then!! But Anyways, I Just It Dosen't Hope This New PeanutsMovie Will NOT Turn Into, Charlie Brown Rapping, Snoopy Kissing Lucy's Butt, OR Woodstock Burping!!, Huh, I Knew This Was GOING To Happen Eventually, BUT WHY NOW!!,
Oh Well, At Least It Wasn't Live Action!! And Consirding They CHOSE This Studio
Well, Guess I Have To Find Out In The Trailer In A Few Of My Life, Seriously, Can't They EVER Slate TWO Films At Once, I Would Rather NEXT YEAR Than 2015!! Huh, I Can Wait Though :sigh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because animated movies take a looooong time to work on... animation isn't something that you can just do overnight, it takes a lot of time, and a lot of patience... in fact, 2015... that actually sounds about average for an animated movie, it usually takes about a couple of years or so... sometimes even longer, I think someone at Pixar once said they usually spend up to four years working on their movies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Plus, it's to coincide with the anniversary of the strip (65th I think).

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
The Schulz estate really should push for a 2-D animated film.
^THIS. They should just keep them in 2D, their designs would work better that way...And we need more traditional movies! :I

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The unfortunate truth is nobody is going to animate anything 2D anymore: they push for CGI because it's "quicker", "easier", more "economical", among other things... people are always going to cut corners in any way possible, they'll always take the cheaper and easier route... of course, the quality suffers in the process sometimes, but they don't care, because they're saving time and money.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a very good chance this will be a CGI film, trouble is, there's no way these characters would look good in CGI. Ever see Snoopy toys? They have those weird flat eyes because he looks strange in turn around...

And when we usually see Snoopy, he's in some weird 3/4ths view with both his eyes on one side of his head.

That's not going to work in a 3-D based animation.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
The Scooby -Doo movie suffered the Brady bunch effect. They were spending 90 minutes to make jokes about the original cartoon. I don't think this will be the case at all. The Schulz estate has very big veto power, and I'd imagine whoever writes this will be under heavy scrutiny to keep the characters' integrity. And if somehow the writer doesn't, we'll see the Schulz estate ban any other movies from ever happening.
I hope so!

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's nothing to make fun of about Peanuts... other than the fact a bunch of 6-9 year olds have such an evolved sense of philosophy, psychology, and existentialism. And religion in Linus's case. And the fact that everyone but Snoopy is neurotic as heck.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Happy that they are still being thought of.
Agreed, but remakes just rarely manage to capture the spirit for me. At that point it's a totally different franchise now surviving, not the original. The original is still being forgotten.