Lynne Thigpen of "Carmen Sandiego" fame passes away...

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Lynne Thigpen, who played the chief on the 1990s PBS series "Where In The World In Carmen Sandiego?", died today of a heart attack at the age of 54.

A veteran Broadway actress, she also appeared in quite a few movies, from "The Warriors" (she was the DJ who kept the group going on the streets of New York) to this year's upcoming Jack Nicholson-Adam Sandler release "Anger Management".

Of course, she, too, had a Muppet connection. In the 97-98 season of "Sesame Street", the one with the continuous story of Slimey's sojourn into space, Thigpen played Slimey's NASA-spoof trainer.

R.I.P, Ms. Thigpen.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Oh, no!!! I LOVED that show-And the Chief was one of my favorite parts! I loved the way she talked...She was such a funny lady...Oh gosh, I can't believe that....

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
where in the world is carmen sandiego was a great show! i watched it all the time back in the early 90's.....

54 is to young to go, for anyone..

ryan

EmmyMik

Reaction score
No!

Like many, I loved Carmen Sandiego.

Plus I remember in my sophomore year of high school we watched "Godspell". I was surprised (and amazed at myself. 'Twas before the time I discovered the Internet Movie Database) to figure out that she was in that.

And wasn't she the voice of Luna in "Bear in the Big Blue House"?

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Yeah, she did provide the voice of Luna (I'm sorry, I've never seen "Bear In The Big Blue House").

Okay, two Muppet connections...

SIGH. First Mr. Rogers, now Lynne Thigpen...SIGH again.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff...

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
:cry: That is sad news indeed. I also watched Carmen Sandiego on a regular basis from 1991 to 1994. :frown:

BTW, manoftheSTREET, it wasn't NASA that Slimey joined ... it was WASA. Get it?

muppetfan620

Reaction score
Life is sooo unfair!:mad: I watched C.S. too and BITBBH as well. I HATE that we've lost two great people in so short a time! :mad: :cry: :frown: :sympathy:

Millicent