My Fozzie Replica (First Attempt)

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
I usually run the boning horizontally- Terry Angus told me sometimes they "spiral" the boning inside the body.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Dude I've just got to say, he's spectacular. No other words for it!

scandell

Reaction score
Ok. Horizontal Boning....so I still use foam though right? It's not just boning sewn to the inside of the fur fabric right?

scandell

Reaction score
yes foam no foam? please respond knowledgable ones.

Melonpool

Reaction score
Six of one, half dozen of the other. I'd say that you could use whatever works best. I'd at least use 3-4 rings of boning to make a series of hoops (like in a hoop skirt) to fill out his body -- something like am 11 inch hoop at the neck, a 14 inch at the chest, 24 at the belly and 18 at the waist. That's just a guess. Adjust as necessary.

Melonpool

Reaction score
And you can do it either way. If you look at the dance number in the El Sleezo Cafe in The Muppet Movie, it looks like Fozzie has no stuffing in his body -- they may have built different version depending on the effect they were trying to do, but I'd say he was all boning in that instance, just from the way he moves in the full body shots on the stage.

scandell

Reaction score
If you guys had to guess...what is the width of a fozzie's mouthplate? Or Rowlf's for that matter? My fozzie turned out way bigger than I wish...back to the drawing board. :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
If you guys had to guess...what is the width of a fozzie's mouthplate? Or Rowlf's for that matter? My fozzie turned out way bigger than I wish...back to the drawing board. :smile:
From the red area, it is 16cm or 6 1/4 " from edge to edge.But I think the mouth plate is a bit wider and goes into the fur area as well.Feels like it would be 20cm total across or 8 inches.

scandell

Reaction score
From the red area, it is 16cm or 6 1/4 " from edge to edge.But I think the mouth plate is a bit wider and goes into the fur area as well.Feels like it would be 20cm total across or 8 inches.
Excellent!! Thanks so much! Mine is currently 8+ inches! He is massive!!! :wink:

Is this 6.25 measurement taken from your actual fozzie muppet!!?? If so thanks so much!!! Did we find out if your muppet was actually used as a puppet or was it strictly used for still photo work?