Video: The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
And while I do think there were some overreactions on here regarding "When Love is Gone" not being included - Calm down, everybody - it does seem a little silly for Disney not to throw in the extended cut, especially since it's on the DVD.
I agree. Be glad the movie's even getting a Blu-ray release at all, everybody. Yeah, it sucks that Disney used a theatrical version when a widescreen version with "When Love Is Gone" is out there but honestly, even though I grew up knowing "When Love Is Gone" in the film, when I got the first US widescreen DVD here, I'm more used to it not being part of the movie. Besides, I'm a huge advocate for having the theatrical version over any tampered-with cut. We all know not all musical numbers Disney inserts into their films later on are that great ("The Morning Report," anyone?).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I find it great that the DVD will pretty much have all the same bonus features as the Blu-Ray except behind the scenes and Disney Intermission. I might pick up one of those copies.
I noticed that the Blu-Ray is only Blu-Ray and a Digital Copy. So it doesn't come with a DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack, which is too bad. I like it when it's with that.

Yep same here I am in no way disrespecting the ones who did like it. I'm just giving my personal opinions on it. However like I said I can see both sides about this particular scene. But for me the whole point of me watching it was because it was a MUPPET movie. Otherwise I might as well just have watched the actual Christmas Carol without the frogs, bears, and chickens. :big_grin:
What does that mean?
In The Muppets, there are many scenes with just Mary and Gary!! I didn't hear any complaining there!
I don't know why Disney cut the scene. If Disney came and asked me, I would have said "Put the scene in" But it really doesn't make a difference to me if they did or not. It was a bad scene,song, and....that's it.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
What does that mean?
In The Muppets, there are many scenes with just Mary and Gary!! I didn't hear any complaining there!
I don't know why Disney cut the scene. If Disney came and asked me, I would have said "Put the scene in" But it really doesn't make a difference to me if they did or not. It was a bad scene,song, and....that's it.
It means exactly what I said. And if I'm correct I have in fact said one of the minor complaints for me in The Muppets was a little too much focus on Gary and Mary at times. Personally I don't really care why Disney cut the scene. So your telling the wrong person on why the scene is or isn't included. Like you it doesn't make any difference to me either. I've already said why I didn't care for this film and it goes way beyond a deleted scene. I don't like when The Muppets role play simple as that.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
What does that mean?
Yeah, but The Muppets wasn't an adaptation of a done-to-death story. I guess this person is saying that the fact that The Muppets were so heavily involved in most scenes made it stand out as something interesting.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It means exactly what I said. And if I'm correct I have in fact said one of the complaints for me in The Muppets was a little too much focus on Gary and Mary at times. Personally I don't really care why Disney cut scene. So your telling the wrong person on why or it is or isn't the scene included. So like you it doesn't make any difference to me either. I've already said why I didn't care for this film and it goes way beyond a deleted scene. I don't like when The Muppets role play simple as that.
Yeah, well sorry if I sounded angry, just trying to make a point

I also don't like when the Muppets role play. Those should not have been theatrical films, although, they'd make great TV specials.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The difference with this film and The Muppets was Gary and Mary were really only focused in the beginning and towards the end of the film. Once they met up with Kermit they sort of went to the background for much of the movie and let The Muppets do their thing. MCC the Muppets were more co-stars and not at the forefront like the previous films.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I also don't like when the Muppets role play. Those should not have been theatrical films, although, they'd make great TV specials.
Agreed - Which is why I have the seemingly rare opinion of liking It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie better than Muppets Christmas Carol. :stick_out_tongue:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
You can't really compare the roles of the humans in The Muppets and the roles of the humans in The Muppet Christmas Carol. The latter is Scrooge's movie more or less. The Muppets does have lots of Gary and Mary but they're basically abandoned aside from a scene every 10-15 minutes by the time the Muppets' plot really gets going.

Disney didn't "cut" the scene. It was a mutual agreement between Henson and Disney executives to cut the number out of the theatrical release. Brian Henson got to re-insert it back in for the video release because he presumably asked nicely and Disney was OK with it, but presumably the main film print (which is being used as the transfer for all widescreen releases) doesn't have "When Love Is Gone". Last I checked, a lot of us don't even like the sequence anyway, so why are we getting so mad about it being cut?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Agreed - Which is why I have the seemingly rare opinion of liking It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie better than Muppets Christmas Carol. :stick_out_tongue:
Hey I actually enjoyed IVMMC too. I know a LOT of people on here didn't like it at all. And I'm not saying that movie didn't have flaws either cause oh boy it did but at least they weren't role playing and as I've said many, many, many, times on here I felt like Kermit actually emoted and he was brought back to the forefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.