Muppet Film and TV References

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
don't know if its mentioned on here before but in this one episode from family guy there staying at a hotel and peter griffin asks if they have :shifty: rats as bellhop's like from the muppets making a reference to the great muppet caper

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Mitchell said to her "We only stayed for the first two numbers"
THAT'S PICTURES IN MY HEAD!
No, not musical numbers.
They meant numbers as in Sesame Street and how they teach numbers and letters. And that wasn't funny. I am still annoyed by that episode to this day

conburke621

Reaction score
No, not musical numbers.
They meant numbers as in Sesame Street and how they teach numbers and letters. And that wasn't funny. I am still annoyed by that episode to this day
Oh, okay. I don't really understand where exactly they implied it was like, 1,2,3 numbers, I assumed they meant musical numbers, because Cameron and Mitchell are such huge musical fans. But, it looks like you know what you're talking about

animalrescuer

Reaction score
In the latest Jeff Dunham special "Minding the Monsters", Jeff commented on Bubba J's vampire costume by saying he looks like The Count from Sesame Street, except for the fact that he only has one vampire tooth for his costume.

DrDientes

Reaction score
In The Big Bang Theory, one of the characters, Amy, after her two only girl friends betrayed her, said "It's like Sesame Street said, one of the things it's not like the others, one of the things should die alone".

Teheheman

Reaction score
Tonight, The Simpsons AND Family Guy had references to the Muppets in it.
The Simpsons: Apparently, Sesame Street had something about how banks are NOT safe. "Kermit the Frog and the Frog in the trench coat are the same person?" "All of the frogs on that show are Kermit"(or something to that effect.
Family Guy: Statler and Waldorf in Fords Theater.

Daniel

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
In Tower Heist, the Muppets are mentioned twice. First, there is a Kermit the Frog balloon in the Macy's Parade, and in the background, "Disco Frog" is playing. Later, they mention how Miss Piggy was cut from the parade. That's a coincidence, because the Muppets were supposed to be in the parade last year, but it wasn't televised. I'm not sure if they were cut or not.

Drtooth

Reaction score
How come they ALL end in childhood favorite getting killed?

The Swedish Chef one was funny though.