Interesting Gulf War News

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Boycotting france?

Well, they ARE lovers, not fighters.

Thijs

Reaction score
Understand me well, I am not just a student shouting 'no peace' because all my friends are against the war. I am not against everything the USA does. I too think Saddam Hussein has gone to far. I just hope there is another, smarter solution then just bomb the place down, like the USA did in Afghanistan. And I am sorry to say, but I think Bush is even dumber then Hussein. It's unbelieveble that a huge and important country as the USA has such an idiot as president. Bush is so dumb that it makes him almost as dangerous as Hussein, always wanting to make war. It sometimes seems Bush likes to make war. I am not against Americans, please get me right on this. But both in the USA, UK, France, Germany and Russia people think to simple. They only think in 'war or no war'.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
It blows my mind why we announce these things. Can you imagine the Japanese saying "Oh, excuse me? In three months we're going to attack Pearl Harbor."

One thing I do understand though. France, Germany, Russia, and China all have money at stake with oil deals in Iraq. I'm convinced that's all there is behind their protection of dictators. I know there's alot of people afraid of war and fighting. Heck, my little brother is in the army awaiting deployment. I don't want anything to happen to him. And I was against his joining, but that's why people join the army. Not to play paint ball. And most of the enlisted will tell you the same.

At the same time, many people want Saddam to bomb us first. Then we'll stop him. I guess they'd rather we be reactive and let some more innocents die, instead of pro-active strategy to keep it from happening.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I'm personally to big a sissy to do anything myself, and I hate the chance of loss of life of our soldiers, but everyone who is yelling "Don't attack Iraq" has to be insane as Hussein.

:attitude: Unless I'm mistaken, 10 years or so ago he was supposed to follow the resolution by the UN and destroy all warheads, he didn't. Resolution after resolution has been passed against him, and he is absolutely NOT following through (someone who follows news better than I should speak up).

Fozzie, you are one of my Best friends, but don't you know who REALLY wants the war? Saddam. Think about it. Firstly, he's hiding the weopons for a reason. Once we start the attack, well, America is as good as nuked!

Secondly, he knows that Bush wants the war and the rest of the world doesn'tg! If we attack, even if our butts get kicked, we'll look like the bad guys, and all of Europe will laugh at us!

Thirdly, you thought it was bad when the Islamic Terrorists attacked us for no good reason, think of a whole like minded nation of terroists waiting to bomb us off the Map for attacking them!

Fourth, We'll be villanized throughout the world. Even the nations that were our alies will want to destroy us!

Fifthly, not everyone here even wants the war. In fact, the only people who want the war are Bush and Saddam.... why can't they just try to kill each other, and leave us alone? Rich white guys make the wars, and it's us poor shlubs that have to fight it!

Amoung other reasons, we should try to dethowne Saddam, no doubt, but I think it's smarter to send secret agents or something to get his sorry butt tossed out of there.

Interresting fact of the apocolyspe, the Aztecs had a calendar that said the end of the world would end in the 21st century (ten years away, if I can remember). Of course, they didn't have one that told them that Hernan Cortez will wipe them off the face of the earth!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Interresting fact of the apocolyspe, the Aztecs had a calendar that said the end of the world would end in the 21st century (ten years away, if I can remember). Of course, they didn't have one that told them that Hernan Cortez will wipe them off the face of the earth!
LOL!! That was somewhat funn-ee!!

I don't think even if Saddam has nukes that they will get to us. The main thing folks don't think about is that the US attacks political points of interest and military compounds. They don't go after the innocent people, and they do try to maintain a low casualty count (however, they will do what they have to do in order to protect themselves and their country).

Who I really feel sorry for are our European friends who are so much closer to the idiot than even we are. Bad thing is that though we are so far away, they have cells of militants here in the USA and THAT is the true danger.

Peaceful dealings in this situation? I think it's been tried for the past 11 years or longer and it's gotten NOWHERE because he keeps delaying the inspections et al. After all, how many times will a parent ask a child not to do something before they punish the brat? Well, in this case Saddams the brat.

I'm just disappointed that the UN isn't more helpful in all this when they stand as much to lose as anybody else does, especially those countries closer to him--and until something is done with him, the danger isn't going to end.

The entire Hussein family has to be removed, or the insanity will continue.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

I don't think even if Saddam has nukes that they will get to us. The main thing folks don't think about is that the US attacks political points of interest and military compounds. They don't go after the innocent people, and they do try to maintain a low casualty count (however, they will do what they have to do in order to protect themselves and their country).
That's exactly what Saddam is trying to get at. He knows he's going to get ousted. Why do you think he hides behind the sheild of religion? So the extreemist yahoos will think that all the innocent people will kill them. The extreemists never go after the Big cheese, just the baby bells.... I mean, the civilians. It's not like we're fighting anyone who will note that we'll only destroy their major target points (i.e., "Okay, they will be attacking my secret bunker, you innocent people must realize that deep down, the U.S. is good, and they just want to overthrow me, because I shamefully scared you all into getting me into power in the first place"). No. Whjat he's pitiching is

"The Us is slime! They are the great Satan (because they do not force religion on people and treat their women better than crap) and they all must be destroied, especially the civilians who elected Crusader Bush!"

This isn't the movies. It's not like we'll have a short war with Sadam and he'll give up automatically (and also revieal that he's Bush's father, and he's not to blaime, he just got caught up with the Dark Side) No! Once we attack, they'll Nuke us off the map. You'll see! We need to hire Bounty Hunters and such to try to sneak into his lair and get him from the inside (Yes! I did just say it's not like the movies, but this idea could work).

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Think about it. Firstly, he's hiding the weopons for a reason. Once we start the attack, well, America is as good as nuked!
Nah, no chance. Iraq can't reach America with anything they have and if you were talking terrorism, a terrorist could maybe get into the states with a suitcase 'dirty' bomb but that would only ever cause havoc in a very limited area. Also Saddam and Bin Laden don't get on so not much cooperation there. Any talk of 'real' retaliation on America (and maybe the UK) would only ever really come if another larger country joined Iraq's side and then you've probably got WW3. Not gonna happen though.

As for the Americans being stupid about telling us when War will start, and thus the Iraqi's, no it's standard practice. The media always get advance notices to be ready for important things where possible - it's never usually exact and changes upto the minute but means they're generally ready for stuff to happen. I would have thought it's less in Americas interests for people to be seeing it all this time than last but not much they can do about it because the Iraq's have little defences anyway and will make sure the journos have their equipment and get on the TV.

I totally support it all - think Sept 11th - if we could have killed Bin Laden and all his people prior it could have stopped so much more death and havoc. Maybe Saddam doesn't have all that much to fight with now, but they don't know for sure what he has or what he's aiming to get - he's completely crazy - once he gets it, however far in the future you just know he's gonna have some lunatic idea of trying to top Bin Laden's efforts.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It would be a suicide mission, and there are no Americans stupid enough to belive that going in there on a suicide mission to oust or destroy Saddam will get them full excusal of all sins, immediate entry into heaven, and 20 virgins. LOL!

It's unfortunately the only way that I see we (the world) will be rid of the true satan...at least part of it.

We still haven't gotten rid of Bin Laden yet, and he's the one who HAS to go. Though, soon. Very soon.

Evil only lasts so long before it dies.

My magic tent stake told me so. :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Nah, no chance. Iraq can't reach America with anything they have and if you were talking terrorism, a terrorist could maybe get into the states with a suitcase 'dirty' bomb but that would only ever cause havoc in a very limited area. Also Saddam and Bin Laden don't get on so not much cooperation there. Any talk of 'real' retaliation on America (and maybe the UK) would only ever really come if another larger country joined Iraq's side and then you've probably got WW3. Not gonna happen though.
OH really? The way Saddam speaks, he's whiping most of the Middle East into a frenzie of destruction! I mean, they hate America to begin with because we had to choose sides on the Israeli picknpaw (my opinion? We should pull our troops left and right from Israel! It's not like we can stop both sides of idiots from killing each other over a crappy plot of land. If it were a tropical island, maybe, but that muddle little scrap of dirt? Ooh my religion says that we should own it. Nuh uh... my religion says that the Muslims should own it. it's like two Stupid kindergarteners fighting over a toy truck, only with weopons!).

You Brits (and the canadians) get it easy!

You go up and someone asks you where you come from, you say America, they say, "YOU EVIL PIG DOG SWINE!! YOU ALL MUST DIE!!!!"

You say British or Canadian, they say, "Oh! Hi! How yah doin'! Want to know where a nice resteraunt is?"

Sighhhhhh..... Canada here I come.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Biblically (I believe it), and VERY paraphrased (someone correct me), when the countries come up against Israel then comes Armegeddon (or something like that).

Speaking of killing Bin Laden, when the first WTC deal happened in the parking garage Bill Clinton was too easy going about it and did NOTHING about it. I'm glad we finally have a president with gumption!

BTW, anybody heard the rap song: "Osama, Yo Mama!" ?