Who's voicing Ernie here?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's always odd to be browsing MC and find my name come up in a thread I'm reading :smile: Just to dispel any rumors, nope, this is not me. Chances are it was a voice over artist, and not a puppeteer. If you're interested in hearing my Ernie voice it's on my website: http://artworkbyartie.weebly.com/voices.html.
So you're really Artie? I had no idea, it's nice knowing that actual Muppeteers mingle in with the rest of us Muppet Freaks on MC from time to time. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it was John Tartaglia. He was the alternate Ernie in Play with me Sesame. The sound's a little too muffled to confirm if it's him or not.

SSLFan

Reaction score
It's always odd to be browsing MC and find my name come up in a thread I'm reading :smile: Just to dispel any rumors, nope, this is not me. Chances are it was a voice over artist, and not a puppeteer. If you're interested in hearing my Ernie voice it's on my website: http://artworkbyartie.weebly.com/voices.html.
Thank you so much for clarifying Artie! Sorry for this misconception.

Only thing now is if it wasn't you voicing him here, who was? Hmmm..

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Maybe John Kennedy? I know he performed Kermit in most of "Muppets Ahoy!" Maybe he also filled in for Steve's Ernie for a few things like this?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well then, again, all I can say is that Artie REALLY does NOT deserve the flack he's been getting. I mean, we gave Steve a chance when we lost Jim, and he's managed to keep Kermit and Ernie alive all these years... Steve Whitmire isn't Jim Henson, but that doesn't mean he's better, or worse, just different. Likewise, Artie Esposito isn't Steve Whitmire, and he isn't better or worse, just different, and personally, I think he does a pretty good job at Kermit and Ernie; Kermit has a really unique voice, because his rather close to Jim's natural voice (I know what that's like, I have to be really conscious while performing Steve D'Monster since his voice is close to my own as well), and it's not an easy task to try to replicate that, and considering that Kermit IS the center of the Muppet universe, those are some REALLY big shoes to fill, so it's probably harrowing enough just trying to perform Kermit without people bashing you and telling you you did a terrible job.

Again, I think Artie does just fine, in fact, I think his Kermit actually sounds pretty similar to Jim's in a way, so I don't see what people's issue is, if it's simply because he's not Steve, without even remembering that Steve was not Jim either.
I just thought I'd put in my two cents here before they close this thread (I know that happens often when we get to talking about this). I see what you mean and I never really bashed Artie. As sad as it is to think about us someday Steve may no longer be with us and Artie will take over as :smile: and maybe :stick_out_tongue: as well, but hopefully that won't be for a long time. We all know that Steve is the official performer of these characters and hopefully will continue with them for as long as he is able. (Recall 'One Muppet, one voice.') I just feel that Jim is the heart of Kermit while Steve is the soul. Correct me if I got that backwards.

Wow! Artie actually posted here. I started this post before I read his. Anyway, Artie it's good to hear from you and we hope you didn't take offense at anything we said. I'll check out your site when I get a chance.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I figured it out. Another member says he found out Billy Barkhurst voiced Ernie for Can't Stop Singing. I found audio for that here:
. It sounds just like Ernie sounds here. So it's Billy Barkhurst!