"Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

Nick22

Reaction score
I'm excited for this movie, but I'm hoping it won't be in CGI. I mean, my mind may change when I actually see it, but I'm just not a fan of taking characters that were originally 2D animated and making them CGI. It just seems inauthentic to me.

Ignatz

Reaction score
How is Charlie Brown's hair going to look in CGI?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Hate to bump but I don't know where else to put this. I figured this would be the right thread for it, and I figured it would give you something else to talk about, so check this out: There's a new Peanuts comic book coming out about Charlie Brown's baseball team heading for a tournament in Tokyo, Japan... a strange idea, but this preview looks nice! It seems to have the same charm and wit as the old strips and specials.

Ignatz

Reaction score
I haven't read the preview yet but the premise goes beyond what I think where Charles Schulz wishes. I thought part of the series was that Charlie Brown and his baseball team would rarely suceed and this seems to be based around the idea that they are good enough to go on an international tournament.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd have to read the whole graphic novel when it gets released. I can't see why they can't just make it a 4 part comic arc first, but whatever. But so far, it looks pretty much like a graphic novelization of a TV special or the TV show. I dunno about the premise, but it really does seem like the integrity of the characters are being up held, as they are in every Boom Peanuts single issue comic.

I just hope that translates into the movie.
How is Charlie Brown's hair going to look in CGI?
Like every single Charlie Brown toy you've ever seen, probably.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I haven't read the preview yet but the premise goes beyond what I think where Charles Schulz wishes. I thought part of the series was that Charlie Brown and his baseball team would rarely suceed and this seems to be based around the idea that they are good enough to go on an international tournament.
I think that instead of that, I think that they invite Charlie Brown and his team to that tourney, but then it's revealed that they were the only team they could get at the last second or something to where they were the last team that could do it.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown is one movie that remains rather faithful to Schulz's style, since the animation was filmed in vignette style, with every section of the video adapted from the original Peanuts strips of the 1960's, as well as a flashback to the first strip from 10/2/1950.

In his will, Charles Schulz requested that the Peanuts characters remain as authentic as possible and that no new comic strips based on them to be drawn. The latter part of his will helps prevent unauthorized fanfic stories which would deviate from Schulz's style, yet CN's Mad still managed to pull off the "iCharlie" parody....

Nevertheless, I'd think that Warm Blanket seems rather faithful to animating the Peanuts characters the way Charles Schulz would have wanted it to be....

Ignatz

Reaction score
In his will, Charles Schulz requested that the Peanuts characters remain as authentic as possible and that no new comic strips based on them to be drawn. The latter part of his will helps prevent unauthorized fanfic stories which would deviate from Schulz's style, yet CN's Mad still managed to pull off the "iCharlie" parody......
As the piece was parody I don't think there would be any legal problem, they can't control that as much as they could when Mad Magazine parodied the characters when Schulz was alive.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Apparently, this new Peanuts movie will be in CGI... and no, I'm not going to jump the "CGI sux" bandwagon since it seems like the only reason people are crapping on it is because it's so mainstream in films nowadays. For me, it's a matter of whether it will be done right.

As long as the movie looks more like this...

...and not at all like this,
...then I can dig it.