Interesting Gulf War News

Luke

Reaction score
Personally i think they need to sort out N.Korea pretty fast, i guess encourage S.Korea to go to war with them and give them the faciities. If we went in they're probably mad enough to try to nuke us so i guess we'd have to nuke them first but sounds like theres definitely some nukin' gonna be going on in the not too distant future. They are completely bonkers, a definite threat to the USA - they get told stuff through the United Nations and they still publicly announce that if it happens they'll declare war on the states. I don't think that one's going to get sorted out quietly, but i guess Bush doesn't want to go to that extent yet. That one may well be the start of WW3 and not Iraq.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Muppetsrule: "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for is enough to bury those who did not return."

Yes, that was a very nice quote, and it was largely referencing WWII, which was not put to an end by the US alone. It also involved Canada and Britian.

Whether the US takes over land or not, what it really does is influence, and support dictators, in the shadows. Here is your history, which is far removed from that lovely quote:

http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/library/wonderful/index.php

In 1983, one of your own US government people was working in Iraq, and saw the genocide Saddam brought to the Kurds. He returned to the US, and got a bill drafted in 24 hours, called the "anti-genocide" bill. It wanted immediate sanctions against Iraq, to punish Saddam and protect the Kurds. But the lobbyists said that their respective businesses would be hurt by not being allowed to do business with Iraq...and, Reagan was in charge, and he was good buddies with Saddam. Reagan had a presidential veto, and he intended to use it.

The bill died.

The US then did even MORE business with Saddam, and gave him MORE loans and credit than ever before. Heck, if you didn't help him, he might have been assassinated long ago...or maybe Iran would have won the war, 20 years ago.

Saddam was a killer, and the US loved him and made him strong. Reagan's hands are covered in the blood of innocent Kurds.

In the first Gulf war, Bush Sr. equated Saddam with Hitler. Oh yeah? He was fine with Bush before he tried to take Kuwait.

Now, Bush Jr. cries in front of the world for the Kurds killed by Saddam. What American HYPOCRISY!

You wanna get ahold of the people who aided genocide? Drop a bomb on Ronald Reagan, then go and bomb Saddam Hussein.

How would you like to see footage of Rumsfeld, with a BIG SMILE on his face, shaking Saddam Hussein's hand? Would you like that?

All the information I'm giving you here, including the footage of Rumsfeld shaking Saddam's hand, can be had on satellite, on a program on the CBC's Newsworld channel.

It will be rebroadcast tomorrow.

Here is the link. Or maybe you'd prefer some sexy anchorpeople, pretty graphics, and polite questions from your own media on CNN. Maybe you don't want the footage of Rumsfeld, with full knowledge of Hussein's atrocities, shaking his hand with a big smile on his face.

Kinda shows you that Rumsfeld is a giant hypocrite. A hypocrite, throwing the world into peril not to liberate anybody, but to force Western control of oil.

It's all there on satellite, tomorrow:
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

Insults: 0
Slander: 0
Rebuttals: 1
Opinions: 1

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Animals in War

Switching to another topic here but what do you guys think of the animals used during war time?

Alought this is nothing new Dolphins are used to defuse under water bombs by locating where the mine is, they have like a little gizmo attached to their flipper, it's amazing! Dolphins were used in world war 2 as well. these dolphins are saving lifes.
i heard they are being used by the British and Alstrailans, also sea-lions are used in this case as well.

birds are used, i think parakeets, when seeing if chemical weponds have been used or not, i guess they let the bird fly over an area and if the bird flys over it and comes back it's safe, but if the bird drops dead, put you gas mask on quick! Canarries were used in cole mines to detect gas years ago , i don't know if that's done now.

Now here is something...interesting, my friend said that GOATS were used at one time long ago with tnt attached to them! the goat we ment to cross over enemy lines and if touched by something...boom! sick huh? i guess this idea didn't work well because the goats kept coming back to there masters to be feed:eek: I don't have proof if this goat idea is true or not, it's just something i heard.

Now i'm an animal lover, in ways i think it's amazing for what some of these animals can do, but yet it puts them in danger as well,( talking about the dolphins and sea-lions here) Humans are more important, it is neat to see animals used to save lifes though.

Zack)Rowlf the, and we know dogs and horse have been used as well,Dog.

Luke

Reaction score
At the time Rumsfield shook Saddam's hand he wasn't a part of the USA government, just a private citizen. Just a FYI !

sidcrowe

Reaction score
A private citizen on official business.

How many people from the USA get to shake hands with Saddam?

Anyway, I'll be taping the show, to get screen captures to put in my printed magazine.

Tune in everybody...

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

Rebuttals: 1
Opinions: 0

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
SidCrowe

I think your posts have proven one thing: that your posts are filled with hate for the U.S. and constant U.S. bashing. Your assertions on another thread that the executions of POWs was justified because the U.S. invaded Iraq prove that.

The United States, like many other countries, is not a perfect nation. It does have its flaws. But the good that it does and the assistance it brings to other parts of the world far, far outweighs those flaws.

And for that I am proud to be a citizen of the United States!

:attitude:

Insults: 1 (U.S. hater)

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
That was harsh and uncalled for, MuppetsRule. sidcrowe may have a problem with this war and why we're over there bombing the you-know-what out of the country, but that doesn't make him anti-US. You remind me of those people over here who are calling those people who are against the war "unpatriotic," something that disgusts me to no end.

I've said this before (or a variation of it), but I think it bears repeating:

You can hate the deed yet still love the person. Can't the same be said for a whole country?

-Kim

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Muppetsrule: You are lying. I never said it was "justified."

Here's what I said :
"Yeah, probably a few of those soldiers may have been executed. It's wrong, but then again, where are the bombs falling on people who live on your street? If Iraqis were running around in your backyard, killing your friends, I'll bet a few of you would execute them...not all, but some.

If someone killed my mother, I'd execute him if I had the chance. Screw the Geneva convention. I'd bet you may do it, too."

I said it was "wrong," but I asked you to put yourself in their shoes.

Iraq is NOT occupied. This is NOT like driving out the Nazis. The USA is INVADING a country.

Their army is not lying down, happy to be taken over...people like me knew that would happen. Bush probably knew it, too...but it's too late to turn back now, isn't it?

What would Americans do if Iraqis flew in and invaded? ALL would be fighting. Civillians and soldiers alike. Would the Iraqis expect, that because some Americans hate Bush, that Americans would invite invading Iraqis with open arms?

Iraq is NOT at war with you. There are ZERO Iraqi soldiers in your streets. The USA is invading another country, and advancing to its capitol, intent on killing its leader. It is going to be a MESS.

And hours ago, the North Korean leader said that Saddam is "paying the price" for letting inspectors in, and that he will NEVER allow inspectors in. Now you send MORE troops into Iraq, because your tacticians were wrong.

If that TRUE nut from Korea who DOES threaten the world with NUCLEAR menace decides to make a pre-emptive move on South Korea while most of your military is occupied elsewhere because the USA needs MORE people with guns to tell the people of Iraq how happy the're SUPPOSED to be to be invaded...if that North Korean nut makes a move...THEN begins World War III.

I am not ANGRY.....I am SCARED...and ANGRY at Bush for taking us all there
:concern: :concern: :concern:

I will sign with the true face of Bush :crazy:

I have NOT called you a name. I have NOT insulted you.

Rebuttals: 2
Opinions: 3

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Skeeter: Thanks :wink:

For all of you to see (management), by the way, Skeeter and I used to fight on the board, but now we're buddies again. People who aren't little kids can scrape a little in a forum, but we all know it's just words.

If you really can't stand somebody, just ignore them. Why ban people for having an opinion that isn't the popular one?

Anyway, Skeeter understands where I'm coming from. I DO NOT hate the USA. How could I???????

JIM HENSON IS AMERICAN. THe Muppets came from AMERICAN freedom.

I hate what the American war machine is doing, led by Bush. In the COURSE of debate, I HAVE TO POINT OUT that America isn't perfect, and shouldn't act like ANYTHING IT DOES is RIGHT.

If anyone disagrees, Americans often say "Oh, you hate America!"

I DON'T HATE AMERICA :mad:

I drag Bush through the mud because he COULD RUIN ALL OUR LIVES.

I'M SCARED :cry: THE WORLD IS SCARED :concern:

Saddam was surrounded and crawling with UN agents! He was at your MERCY! As time passed, Bush could have tried more and more things, driving Saddam nuts. NOW, Syria is getting angry...Iran is getting angry...Korea is threatening...and Muslims the world over are FURIOUS, and America waits for a new act of terror and the United Nations had it's biggest member bust up the club. THIS IS MADNESS!

Don't you all realize how completely insignificant the Muppets will be in a world plunged into global conflict? And what do I get here? People telling me to shut up or else I'll be banned???

Please EXCUSE ME if I'm upset!

If ONE person agrees with me, MC has no MORAL right to throw me off.

I won't change my views.

ALL of these countries begin to "rattle a sabre" less than 10 DAYS into Bush's action!!!!

You BET I'm scared :eek:

Rebuttals: 0
Opinions: 2 (backing up Skeeter; world peril)

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
That was harsh and uncalled for, MuppetsRule.
Quite to the contrary, MuppetsRule's post was right on target, and a whole lot nicer about it than some people might be. You call him harsh, yet go on to say he reminds you of something that disgusts you to "no end"? Remind *me* why you thought it was necessary to comment at all...