TMS Seasons 4 and 5 Petition

mupcollector1

Reaction score
It's always so satisfiying to see Classic Simpsons and listening to Benny Goodman's Sing Sing Sing. lol I love the Paul Simon parody at the end, the sound of silence parody. lol

But yeah I just signed a similar petition and at first I thought that I written this thread and was like "I don't remember getting all these alerts" lol I'm always emailing DVD companies to get TV shows onto DVD and what's so annoying in general is when a show gets to DVD, the company (there's many of them) who don't finish the season box sets. For example I was in talks with ITV and Network DVD to get them to finish the Spitting Image box sets and I think I got to the point where they aren't responding to me anymore. lol Just excuses on how they aren't making anymore at this time and I email them long emails talking about fandom and supply and demand. lol I take this to heart because I appreciate media art so much. :smile: But at least Disney said they would keep the idea for consideration. But the main reason and I'm sure someone might have mentioned this before is because most of the songs on TMS were copyrighted and it takes a long time to get a response from them and I think the process was rushed when Season 1 was released and I think Disney knew fans were upset about that so they didn't make the same mistake with Seasons 2 & 3. But still the only way to get a Season 1 box set uncut is the Germany version and clicking the english version. It's so on my list. But why Kermit's line getting cut out from the pitch tape I'm not sure if it was just because Disney didn't get any response for the CBS logo permission or if it was just in terms of moral taste fearing controversy of Kermit saying HE double hockey sticks? lol I think it's the CBS logo, other wise they would have to censor out "Lord is so hard to be humble" from the Mac Davis episode in Season 5 whenever that comes out, hopefully soon. lol I just got my best friend interesting in The Muppet Show just a few years ago which is a total joy to me because I have someone who I can watch The Muppets with and he's even upset that the other seasons aren't out yet. I remember I told him in marketing business matters that whenever there's a new movie or remake, they sell the classics like crazy. For example when the Steve Martin Pink Panther came out, all the Peter Sellers ones were re-printed. I thought the same was going to happen when the new Muppet movie came out. Oh well, I hope the petitions work. It worked for Fraggle Rock :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You never know we may get a suprise trailer on MMC saying they are going to be realesing more Muppet goodies!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That would be nice but still ain't getting too hopeful. The Star Wars attractions in the Disney theme parks have been there for years so it was inevitable this was eventually gonna happen. Kind of surprising it didn't happen sooner though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not sure if it is worth mentioning this, but since S4 has the Star Wars episode, This might be good news as far as the S4 DVD release is concerned:
Disney has had a good enough relationship with Lucas. I don't think that's really the problem.

Honbrifcl

Reaction score
Well, I talked to the Marketing Director Europe from Disney (who used to be in my school) who is also responsible for DVD releases and he told me that for Europe no release for the next seasons of the Muppet Show have been planned for Europe. The only hope is that Disney is rather centralized, as he told me, and he is not sure what the plans for US are. They act independently. My impression is that they are currently NOT working on it, so there is not a hold up for rights, just nobody is working on it! I found the shows for Season 4 and 5 on the internet and downloaded them (which is legal in the Netherlands). It is not the best quality but watchable, and I am not going to hold my breath for Disney to actually deliver them...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Not sure if it is worth mentioning this, but since S4 has the Star Wars episode, This might be good news as far as the S4 DVD release is concerned:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/disney-buys-lucasfilm-star-wars-franchise-for-4-billion-72580.html
Yes! The moment I heard that Disney bought Lucasfilm I thought "Yay! This might mean we'll get season 4 quicker!!"
It might have been Lucas that was holding it up, but I'm sure there are others that are holding this u as well, not just Lucas, but it might bring it to us faster now.