Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

theSHE124

Reaction score
Who cares? They're all awesome! :excited:
By the way, thank you Colette for bringing the smaller pic to us! Better than not at all, that's for sure!
And Mo, I did specifically credited you earlier.

catherine

Reaction score
aww they are a wonderful collection. was that an oyxgen tube, jerry had? bless him. I love that little picture of robin and the other two.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
aww they are a wonderful collection. was that an oyxgen tube, jerry had? bless him. I love that little picture of robin and the other two.
Yes. That was an oxygen tank. Jerry Nelson needed that to assist his breathing.

catherine

Reaction score
thanks for posting up all those wonderful pictures, they certainly are something special.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Yes. That was an oxygen tank. Jerry Nelson needed that to assist his breathing.
Uh...this might sound weird, but somehow, I can't stop thinking that those tubes look like an anteater's tongue! :zany: It's been months, and I still can't unprogram it from my head!

cjd874

Reaction score
I was watching Nightly News on NBC in late August when Brian Williams said, "Coming up...a sad day on one of the world's most beloved Streets." I said to my parents, "I hope one of the puppeteers didn't die. I hope it's not Caroll Spinney. What if it's...Jerry?"

My parents did not respond. But we were all completely silent when Mr. Williams announced that indeed, Jerry Nelson had died that day at the age of 78. I was very sad and watched mournfully as they showed clips of The Count, Snuffy, Herry & John-John, and showed photos of Jerry performing Floyd and Gobo. My parents knew how much the Muppets meant to me. I had a hard time sleeping that night.

More than two months later, we still haven't fully recovered because Jerry was such a key part of our childhoods for over 40 years. I mean, who else could have performed characters ranging from Simon Soundman and Biff to Pops, Miss Mousey, and Scred?

"It'll never be the same here without him. But you know something? we can all be very happy that we had a chance to be with him, and to know him, and to love him a lot...when he was here." (Bob, Sesame Street Episode 1839: Mr. Hooper's Death)

RIP Jerry Nelson :batty: :search: :smirk: :sing::fishy::crazy: we could always count on you...