Kermit On Bike Question

FozzieBear

Reaction score
:smile: I was recently watching the muppet movie for the 1000th time today, when I just thought of something. How did they get Kermit to ride on the bike? I also remember something else where there are heaps of muppets are on bikes. Does anybody know how they got them on the bikes? This has probably been asked before.... :zany:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I think I've heard somewhere that kermit on the bike was a marionette puppet in the wide shots and a handpuppet in the closeups.

The shot with all the muppets on the bikes was done by connecting the bikes with rods. Remote controling the mouths and it was pulled in the front by some bigger bikes. And I think I saw an Interview with Jim where he told that one of the bikes in front where ridden by Brian.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
TMM Kermit was wide shot marionetted by performers who were on a crane overhead.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
And the movie with a bunch of Muppets on bikes was Great Muppet Caper.

-Kim

fozziebear900

Reaction score
yes they were marrionet puppets. there was scafolding over the side on the path. jim henson couldn't work them so brian henson done it. they were all done by a team of spetialists.

:embarrassed: :sympathy: :concern: :attitude: :zany:

FozzieBear

Reaction score
:smile: Thanx everyone for their replies, it was very helpful!!! :excited:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
crane??? woah i knew they were above it...i figured scaffolding...but i guess crane makes sense...there are scenes where you can see at least 50 foot above them....

so did they 'erase' the strings or whatever going down to them (it wasn't strings right?)

Sarah