Help Save British Fraggle Rock Episodes

Hubert

Reaction score
Hi

This thread is well worth reading:
http://missingepisodes.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4479

There were actually 57 episodes known to still exist though Jim Henson Company didn't have them all. Only 12 were broadcast quality, the rest grainy VHS.

However, ALL the episodes have been found recently in Zimbabwe, but again the Henson Company have not really made steps (as far as has been reported at least) to aquire them.

We really need to make sure these don't get binned!
Very interesting, thanks for posting, Luke. Hopefully all episodes can be found and captured and saved from final death.

*imagines two hunters running around capturing wild episodes*

(And nice to see you around, Luke! Always glad to have you!)

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Hi

This thread is well worth reading:
http://missingepisodes.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=4479

There were actually 57 episodes known to still exist though Jim Henson Company didn't have them all. Only 12 were broadcast quality, the rest grainy VHS.

However, ALL the episodes have been found recently in Zimbabwe, but again the Henson Company have not really made steps (as far as has been reported at least) to aquire them.

We really need to make sure these don't get binned!
Zimbabwe! That's a pretty odd place for the episodes to end up, but hopefully the Henson company drops some dollars and retrieves the copies.

Luke

Reaction score
Very interesting, thanks for posting, Luke. Hopefully all episodes can be found and captured and saved from final death.

*imagines two hunters running around capturing wild episodes*

(And nice to see you around, Luke! Always glad to have you!)
Great to see you Hubert, thanks.

Yes, its very strange. I guess at the time they must have sold the UK version to them rather than USA version.

Also Disney has a hand in what happened with UK Faggle - somehow they aquired all of the "TVS" UK tape library, and has never even touched it. So lots of 80's shows are "lost" but probably among those in boxes just sitting in a warehouse.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone wondered if this could happen to other co-production FR? I mean, what is the fate for the French or German variations? :concern:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone wondered if this could happen to other co-production FR? I mean, what is the fate for the French or German variations? :concern:
I know that all 85 episodes of the German version exists but if all German and/or French episodes didn't exist, then it would be hard for us fans to find great episodes from the French and German versions.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Woopiiieee! :excited::smile:
Thanks for showing this to us, Wozza!
I hope the UK episodes of Fraggle Rock air on CITV as apart of the classic programming. I hope you (and other people who live in the UK) DVR or tape this special for us Americans (and other foreign people who are not British) to watch on Youtube soon because we can't view any videos if we're outside of Great Britain. Please?