Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well towards the end of his life, I think Jim would do Sesame for fun kind of the way Frank dose today. he would put away all the busness side of JHC and just be a Muppeter, and have a lot of fun doing it to.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I've heard of that. I thought the situation was settled, but I guess for whatever reason Kevin still doesn't want to return and I guess we all need to respect that decision. Yet it is hard to imagine anyone else performing Elmo. I'm not sure what more to say. This is very sad news indeed.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
"Saying Goodbye" dose somehow seem to fit with all this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just reading about this, apparently a second guy came forward also claiming underage sexual relations with Kevin. NO idea of the real story, if true or not, but all I can say is I'm very sad to see Kevin leave Sesame Workshop after enjoying his work for so many years.
Nobody knows what exactly is going on, some sources say it's the same guy recanting his recant, some sources say it's another guy, but nevertheless, this is blow to us all.

At least we FINALLY have an identity to this little weasel, and there's one comment from Mr. Sheldumb Snearvens that's making me a little red under the collar:
Shelbum Sleazens said:
an unmarried adult male living a prominent public life centered around the entertainment of toddlers, while at the same time he was, in secret, preying on teenage boys to satisfy his depraved sexual interests
See, that's that unfortunate stigma that is place on puppeteers in general, and why there's a stereotype that they're pedophiles, because they use puppets as a tool to lure unsuspecting minors. Sad, sad, sad.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Nobody knows what exactly is going on, some sources say it's the same guy recanting his recant, some sources say it's another guy, but nevertheless, this is blow to us all.

At least we FINALLY have an identity to this little weasel, and there's one comment from Mr. Sheldumb Snearvens that's making me a little red under the collar:
See, that's that unfortunate stigma that is place on puppeteers in general, and why there's a stereotype that they're pedophiles, because they use puppets as a tool to lure unsuspecting minors. Sad, sad, sad.
When puppets in general can be used to reach such a brod range of people, not just kids but adults to.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking that. Why are those kids on those phone lines anyway?
If you're looking for sex, you're looking for trouble. End of story. No one's an angel. But I really wish people would stop treating willing 16 and 17 year olds the same as some gross uncle fondling their baby/toddler niece. If there's a teenage sex line out there that's not a trap set by law enforcement, then someone should be punished besides a children's entertainer who might/might not have done something based on non-existant evidence.

The sad part is, even if this were some nasty prank by some vindictive duncebucket, Kevin's name is tarnished. TMZ gets more ratings and goes on to destroy another person's life so morbidly obese slackjawed yokels can find reasons to hate people that do nothing but bring them entertainment to forget how much of obese slackjawed yokels they really are. I'd say that TMZ caters to the lowest common denominator, but you can't divide by zero.

Just reading about this, apparently a second guy came forward also claiming underage sexual relations with Kevin. NO idea of the real story, if true or not,
And again, with no evidence, but a shark enough of a lawyer to get money from him?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is sad. I wonder if production on the next season will be delayed. I don't know if Clash had an understudy, but then again, they could very well have less new Elmo material next year. With Elmo the Musical and several old Elmo segments, they could probably stand to make more Elmo-less stories. And they'll probably reuse old street stories, might as well repeat ones with Elmo as the main character.

I hope Clash doesn't have trouble finding work. I wonder if The Jim Henson Company or Disney will let him perform for them.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I hate TMZ. I've been hating them ever since they started.

Give the people a break already. That's how they get money, by spoling people's names and spreading private news.

Idiots...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Elmo has been awesome this season though, I love the Hot Potato show. Elmo was funny and yet touching at the same time BOY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.