Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Also as much as I admire Kevin's talent, I don't see how people on here are able to look past what he's done. Having a relationship with 15 and 16 year old teenagers? This isn't a matter of his personal life it's a matter of breaking the law and taking advantage of kids. The idea that someone who does such great things for charities and for children would then take advantage of them makes lose a great deal of respect for him. No one can tell me that a 16 year old is old enough to understand and have a relationship with a man in their 40s. Male or female I don't care. If this scandal was just about Kevin Clash being gay I would be on his side 100% but its not.

I honestly do not think Kevin intended to hurt anyone or do anything wrong. I honestly think that he cared about those with which he had a relationship. I also think that's the main problem. He didn't think it was wrong. There are now 2 allegations. Kevin has resigned which to me says he wants to end this before more people come forward. It's a terrible thing that has happened here but sadly Kevin brought it on himself. I will miss him as a performer greatly.
People on here and other places are showing support because they don't believe that the things that are being said are true. They are looking at where the story first broke out and take it for a grain of salt.
It's very hard to think about any of the Muppet prefromers doing anything that is not above the law, but this story has come out and we want to make sure what is truth or not. A Lot of us still think that this is something that could not be true, but if it is we want it to be found in the right way through a court of law.
"innocent until proven Guilty" has been said through out this thread, and that what most people want to see due proses. We don't to to be judge jury and executioner, and let the Lawyers and Kevin have there say in court if needed.

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Look, I don't know if this has been shared yet, I tried to speed read through a few pages and see, but didnt see it. http://straightfromthea.com/2012/11/15/mugshot-mania-meet-the-elmo-accuser-photos/ Here is a VERY interesting article about the man making these claims... when you read it alongside this similar article http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/elmo-accuser-recanted-troubled-article-1.1202365 it starts to paint a picture of the type of people I see in LA everyday. People who are out here looking for the next rich entertainer to take to bed and hopefully hit pay-dirt. TMZ is definitely skewing the story because the accuser is their source... I just wanted to show this other POV on the subject. Because frankly, I believe this kid is just after a payday.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Not only that the facts are really not all together or not being brought out to really form a case. there has to be evidence for a case to be hear. Yes tesamny is part of it but they need more to make a solid case.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
He may have done that, but the kids are just as guilty. At 16, I sure as hell would know if someone was taking advantage of me. The fact they didn't do anything until now is the problem many have with this situation.

Plus, you don't know the whole story. No one does except them. We can't judge.
Whatever the real story is, it has been buried underneath tabloid fodder and mudslinging.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, do we really want to know all the deep dark details of this? I mean Kevin's reputaion has been messed up as it is, I couldn't bear to see what more dirt, lies or eave the truth for that matter could do.

ISNorden

Reaction score
As often as I've joked about Elmo hogging Sesame Street, I realize that Muppet characters who grow that popular are unlikely to get dropped from the show forever. Whether Kevin Clash is a misunderstood victim or a heinous criminal, the target audience for Sesame Street doesn't equate "Clash the man" with "Elmo the character". As l0ng as 3-year-olds can learn and have fun with their Muppet friend, they won't react badly to a different performer. Parents, too, should be reasonable enough to keep Clash and Elmo distinct. Whatever Clash might have done outside the workplace, he did NOT use the Muppets or his ties to Sesame Workshop to attract younger partners. The TV show and its characters are still innocent, and boycotting Sesame Street merchandise does nothing to address the real problem.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
As often as I've joked about Elmo hogging Sesame Street, I realize that Muppet characters who grow that popular are unlikely to get dropped from the show forever. Whether Kevin Clash is a misunderstood victim or a heinous criminal, the target audience for Sesame Street doesn't equate "Clash the man" with "Elmo the character". As l0ng as 3-year-olds can learn and have fun with their Muppet friend, they won't react badly to a different performer. Parents, too, should be reasonable enough to keep Clash and Elmo distinct. Whatever Clash might have done outside the workplace, he did NOT use the Muppets or his ties to Sesame Workshop to attract younger partners. The TV show and its characters are still innocent, and boycotting Sesame Street merchandise does nothing to address the real problem.
Well that is the main reason he left the show. So that Sesame would not lose it's focas and be distracted from what the shows main goal.

Whether or not Kevin is guilty or not the news that theses accusers is taken very seriously by everyone. We all should want the truth, right or wrong. We should also not judge a man before all the evidence has been brought forth.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's been a very long two days, but let's remember that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and let us in this thread be thankful for the times and the laughs we have been able to share with Elmo and Kevin.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
To the very end, Kevin Clash truly was a man of great character and honor enough for him to quit so that Sesame Street and its company wouldn't suffer too badly from this.

Depended to the show to the very end. :super:

Status
Not open for further replies.