Your OTHER Name...

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
Generally people always shorten my name to "Debbie" which really ****** me off cuz I HATE that name! >< It either sounds like an annoying 3 year old with a runny nose or a skanky cheerleader... and I don't like either. So if someone calls me "Debbie" I proceed to punch them in the face.
:boo:
So what does that make me? I'm well over 25, and a mom. :confused:

I refuse to answer to DEBRA because that's what my mom called me when I was in deep ----. (or my dad was being butt and called me De Bra!:mad: ) I was Debi until there were too many of us in the same office, and proceeded to shorten it to Deb.

Yours Proudly and Truely:flirt:,

DEB

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by puppets_etc
Yours Proudly and Truely:flirt:,

DEB
Boo to you too! You stole my name!

Well, theoretically you could say I stole your name since I'm younger, but... but still! You stole my name, dude!

I'm just kidding... hmmm... maybe if we get a few more Deb's on here we can take over the board!

And I'll be your glorious leader, Debo! (Y'see, the 'o' makes me special) XP

^_^ Deb-O!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
On the same note, I do have pet names from friends and family.

As a kid, my uncle called me Luigi for some reason.

Nowadays, I get called "Kev" or "Muley" and, because I thought it was funny to sign my email that way one day, I get called "Kevmodee." No problems here, though, except I'm not italian, and Muley is a seperate identity than me.

Folks just like Muley better.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I never really liked being called Scotty by my family. Strangely enough, no one ever called me Scooter. After I saw Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo, I thought Scottie was cool, but only it you spell it with the ie.

But whatever you do, don't EVER call me Shpaenklemeustghauf!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I am not Brian.

:grouchy:

Unlike Debo, nothin' against the name, and I ain't gonna go so far as to flame it. :stick_out_tongue: But I hate bein' called that---now, I understand, Byron isn't that common a name today, and if someone meets me new and says "Brian", and iffin' I correct 'em and they profusely apologize, that's okay.

But if they've known me for YEARS and still do it time to time, that's kind of annyoin'.

Or worse, if they're lookin' at my name in WRITING and still butcher it!!

"You idiot, can you not READ?!?! Don't just assume it's a word contained in your li'l vocabulary, open your mind and try to expand your 'brain'!"

:grouchy:

*still smartin' after "the incident" durin' his big moment at college graduation*

:mad:

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
But whatever you do, don't EVER call me Shpaenklemeustghauf!
Aww, I think Shpaenkie is a cute name!:flirt:

Deb:wink:

PS I agree that we DEB people should indeed try a take over (unHostile:halo: of course!)

camilla

Reaction score
A subject close to my heart. i hate being called Sara. i really hate it. I need the h on my name to be me.

Camilla ( aka sarah not Sara)

SgtPepper

Reaction score
My name... is Chris.

But since that name is so common people normaly call me by my last name Sisson (sis-sun) not Siy-Sun or Sissums or Scissors or See-Zon. sis-sun!!!!

Ohh and my full name obviously is Christopher but on all my school papers it reads "Christoph" so I get called Christoph alot. and then you have the nick names: Christopher Columbos, Christopher Robin, etc....

now sometimes they call me Pig-Pen. Not cause I'm dirty, just cause I played him in youre a good man charlie brown.