Your OTHER Name...

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by SgtPepper
My name... is Chris.

But since that name is so common people normaly call me by my last name Sisson (sis-un), or now they call me Pig-Pen. Not cause I'm dirty, just cause I played him in youre a good man charlie brown.
Thats the fun of being in a show. They never call you by your name, but always your role, especially during rehersals.

Normally that stops after the show though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
2 more:

Kevin does NOT equal either:

Kelvin
or
Calvin

Nor does it equal such when I say "Kevin" and one begins to write "K-e-l-v-i-n."

No, It's Kevin. No L.

"C"-e-l..?"

NO! KEVIN!!
K-E-V-I-N!!

Stop making it so hard, world!!!! :mad: :grouchy:

SgtPepper

Reaction score
Well a few kids outside the play still call me Pig-Pen

Super Scooter

Reaction score
My name is Justin, yet I'm always being called Jason. It doesn't bother me so much anymore because now I have a friend named Jason who's always being called Justin. But, for some reason, I know another guy named Jason, who is known by all the people who know me and my friend Jason, yet this other Jason is never called Justin.

*sigh*

I call the "other" Jason Jake, as it's much easier on me, and that's what he's gone by his entire life.

Another thing. People are always pronounding my last name "Pee-ot!" Someone even pronounced it "Pee-at" (what the kids in school used to call me before I started getting home schooled).

Then there's the middle name, which I rarely ever give out anymore. Kids in school used to call me "Hardy pee at." (Hardy is NOT my middle name, but an abreviation of it. Grrrrrrr!)

That's why I like being on here. You guys normally call me Scoot or Super Scoot, which I like.

Of course, there's the nick-name I was given by someone else. I used to always where Winnie the Pooh ties when I had to dress up. So, there was one guy who always called me "Pooh." I didn't mind so much, until I wore something Pooh Bear to school and was called "Hardy pee at poo."

Well, there you have it! I sincerely hope none of you start calling me "Hardy pee at poo."

:wink:

Danielle

Reaction score
I have a friend who's named Justin, and no one over a certain age can get it right, they call him Josh, Jason, Jake, anything that starts with a J except Justin...

My name is Danielle *obviously* but everyone calls me DJ... I hate it sooooooooo much when people shorten a nickname that's only two letters to begin with so that it's only one syllable... I can't stand when people call me ''DEEGE" AHHHHHHHHH!!!

:smirk::excited:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
MY NAME IS BYRON YOU PEOPLE!!! BYRONBYRONBYRON!!!!!

By the by, "you people" is directed at the world, and not actually you people readin' this (for the most part---lol).

I'm sorry, I just had to get that out.

Aftershock of "Brian" or "Bryon" or "Bryan" after readin' some more posts of this nature in this thread.

:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

I just HATE it when I clearly say "Byron" and people get it wrong!!!

Moron: "And what's your name?"

Me: "Byron".

Moron: "Oh, okay." *turns to impartial 3rd party* "____, this is Brian."

#$&*(@^(&*@^!!!!!!!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Does it count if you don't care, but your parents kind of do?

Seriously. My given name is Kimberly, and I was called that all throughout elementary school. When my teachers or other students called me 'Kim,' I didn't correct them because I was just too dang shy.

Then sixth grade came around, and I met Kelly who's been my best friend for over ten years now. She called me 'Kim' from the get-go. Now my friends, my old teachers and my professors call me 'Kim,' and it's just the people in my family who call me 'Kimberly.'

As for last names...whoo-boy, don't get me started. My last name is spelled Gyorkos, and pronounced Gor-kus (actually it's pronounced Jerk-us, but my late grandfather changed the pronunciation). Of course, when people read it they have a tendancy to pronounce it without making the y silent, so I've heard things like "Gee-or-kos" or "Guy-or-kos." And then there was the ever-popular "Dorkus" on the playground during elementary school, but I digress. I have seen it spelled without the y, with a u instead of the second o, with an i...someone even typo-ed it with a B instead of a G once!

So you can see why I'm fond of saying that my last name has been mangled so many times, I'm surprised I still have a last name.

Although, having a hard-to-pronounce last name does come in handy when dealing with telemarketers. If they mispronounce it, you can always say that no one by that name lives at that number, and then hang up :wink:

-Kim

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I just gotta say, I am SO glad I'm not alone here.

Kevin, I TOTALLY know where you're comin' from!! (I put translucent powder on your shoe soles). How the HECK people get "Kelvin" from "Kevin" is buh-ond me---you clearly do NOT say a freakin' "l"!!!!

"BY" DOES NOT SOUND LIKE "BRY"!!!

:grouchy:

grail

Reaction score
heh...i LIKE this thread.

as most of the folks around here know, my name is Mike. technically, it's Michael...but the only people that call me that anymore are my immediate family (mom, dad, siblings...even the uncles usually call me Mike), and my ex-girlfriend when i was in trouble. i bring that up because she called me that a lot. (heh)

so my first name is fairly boring...no big surprise. my LAST name, however, is "Wickliff". on this one, i have problems.

first off, even Microsoft Word wants to spell it "Wickliffe"...which isn't to horrible i suppose, seeing as it appears it really was spelled that way at one point. i've gotten TONS of variations on it over the years, however...the most recent one popping up being "Wycleff". which almost caused me to hurt someone here at work. another tendency is for people to spell it "Wickliss"...because the letter "f" is not always heard properly on a phone.

i think the worst part thought is that i grew up in the 80's, and i have a sister that's 2 years younger than i am named Janet.