Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Right now, I am coming up with a story of Gobo before Uncle Matt went to Outer Space, and there will be parts that may sound silly, but probably as true as I can get. Right now, I am going to do the background of Gobo from birth to a young teen fraggle with lots of purple (LOL!) you know the kind of hair you see in the first season of FR.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
This thread is meant to be about remembering Jerry Nelson, not talking about other Muppets and other stuff, hence the name "Remembering Jerry Nelson."

wiley207

Reaction score
I did a YouTube Poop of "A Muppet Family Christmas" in memory of Jerry Nelson, too (in addition to that tribute in August.)
You guys are getting a special unlisted preview of it. It's going public this Friday (in honor of Black Friday.)

Skye

Reaction score
I still haven't watched anything of the Muppets' since the news of Jerry's passing. I have listened to songs, however. That was something that always killed me about Jerry. Not just his fantastic voice work and his indescribably amazing range with character voices, but his singing. His beautifully melodic singing voice, his flawless harmonies... always blew me away, left me in awe, and I would lose myself in the beauty of it all. Let the music take me away.

Pretty soon, though, I know that I will watch The Muppet Christmas Carol just as I do every year. I love that movie. This time, though, instead of watching it and just missing Jim and Richard, I will be missing Jerry as well.

Love you and will miss you always, Jerry. Thank you for everything.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I miss Jerry too. I came very close to actually crying when I heard about his passing because he and I used to share private messages for a brief while here. I figured he must have left MC primarily because of his health problems but I always hoped one day he would feel like reactivating his membership so we could chat some more. And now that never will happen.:cry:

Good-bye Jerry. Thank you for being a friend to me. You will always be remembered.:frown:

:sing::fishy::crazy::search::batty::smirk:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Even though we all still miss Jerry, I love his voice. There was always something about his singing voice no matter what Muppet he did gave me the goosebumps. Whe I was very young, I started listeing to the song, "When the River Meets The Sea." Now, I really appreciate not only his acting, but his singing voice as well.