RIP Muppet/Fraggle Producer Diana Birenfield

Twisted Tails

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This has been a sad, sad year for the Muppets.....
Before anybody says anything... see? Not my words. This is what everybody has been saying.

At any rate, yes, Birkenfield's involvement with the Muppets dates way, way, WAAAAAY back (The Muppet Valentine's Show is the earliest I can think of off the top of my head); I've notice hers and Jim's positions tended to flip-flop, depending on the production - either he produced while she executive produced, or vice-versa.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
She also served as the "assistant to the producer" on The Jimmy Dean Show and she was also one of the actresses who appeared on Timepiece.

This is so upsetting. :cry:

Rest in peace, Diana. I hope you enjoy heaven with Jerry Nelson and the others.

bandit

Reaction score
Even though I was completely ignorant of who this woman was before I read this, anytime I hear about a loss it makes me sad for the people who knew and cared for that person. I'm sorry to hear of yet another great mind snatched out from under us. Here's to her and hers.

Hubert

Reaction score
I really oughta start learning more about the producers and directors and stuff behind Muppet productions...they all seem to be passing, and I never heard of half of them...it's sad on my part.

But I know, however, that Diana really made a difference in the world by being a behind the scenes person within the Muppet world. And she will be missed for the impact that she made.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
A sad year for the Muppet crew indeed. Well, my thoughts and prayers are to everyone still mourning the loss of Jerry Nelson, still reeling from Kevin's resignation and the circumstances behind it and now grieving the loss of Emily Squires and now Diana.

Sending prayers their way.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I read somewhere last night that Judy Freudberg died this year also. She was one of the main writers of Sesame Street. A sad year for Sesame Street all around.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I read somewhere last night that Judy Freudberg died this year also. She was one of the main writers of Sesame Street. A sad year for Sesame Street all around.
Yeah. I saw that on a newspaper while I was in summer camp.