Unspoken Rules of Muppetdom

snichols1973

Reaction score
That's something I mentioned (I think) in the thread from the top five TV characters thread (the Barbara Walters thing a few months back) and something I added to 5 Ball - it kinda explains why Kermit is still reluctant to get married.

In the special, he did say he was waiting for basically everyone to be able to marry whom they wanted. At the time, I did kinda think that was a bit of a cope out (especially when he kinda grimaces/panics when asked), but when I wrote it in 5 Ball, it actually does make sense, depending on where you put them living.

See, my thought was, if they're living in California, neither couple could even be considered common law because the state doesn't recognize common law marriages and being interspecies as they are, the state might not take to them being officially married either, hence why they would probably need to wait for same-sex marriages to pass.

That's probably getting a little too deep into it, but I tend to go way beyond the normal thought processes when writing fan fiction. :wink:
Strange how it remotely sounds a little like a Muppet parallel of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, since they wanted to wait for a time when more legal recognition was granted for other "alternative relationships"......

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Don't know if we put this down already, but Miss Piggy must always be trying to marry Kermit through one of her schemes. When has that not appened right? :smile:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet:

It's basically one of the ten Muppet commandments that,' Thou shalt hate Bean Bunny and throw comedic pain upon him'.....

Poor Bean....Poor-poor Bean....