TV Alert: Elmo on Michael Bublé's "Home for the Holidays" Christmas special Monday December 10

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Monday night don't miss Elmo on the Michael Bublé "Home for the Holidays" Christmas special on NBC at 10 pm eastern, 9 pm central. Enjoy one of Kevin Clash's final performances as Elmo in this anticipated holiday event.

Here a recent excerpt from Xfinity discussing Michael Bublé 's duet with Elmo...

Michael Bublé is an Elmo fan. The smooth singer duets with the beloved “Sesame Street” star on his upcoming NBC Christmas special, ”Michael Bublé: Home for the Holidays,” and none of the recent problems with Elmo’s puppeteer, Kevin Clash, made him want to cut their number.​
“There was never a discussion to lose him,” Bublé tells XfinityTV.com in an exclusive interview. “The truth is, Elmo didn’t do anything. He’s a three-year-old monster. He’s innocent, sweet, and funny — and very polite, too.”​
Bublé hopes that viewers are able to look beyond the Clash scandal and instead focus on the performance itself. “The deal is that Elmo is featured on my special and that’s kind of how I really felt about it,” he says. “[The performance is] so warm and sweet. It really is a beautiful moment. I think people will enjoy it.”​

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe the fact this thread was posted a week ahead of the scheduled airing, and then it got buried with all other forum traffic contributed to why there wasn't an immediate reply after the special last night.

But to answer the question... Yes, I saw it last night, was waiting all night for it if only for Elmo's appearance.

That little red monster sure got a lot of mileage from Bubblé's name.
As for the appearance made by :laugh: I'm kind of mixed. He seemed a bit, "surly"? And when he said he didn't know how to write... You do know how to write Elmo, you sang that song about writing your name with :wisdom: and the kids. But I guess he's just acting like a child hopped up on Christmasness and impatience for it to finally be here.

Why was "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" the song chosen?
At least it wasn't "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas". I prefer the wersion sung by :batty: though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why was "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" the song chosen?
At least it wasn't "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas". I prefer the wersion sung by :batty: though.
The Count's version is great and all, but it just isn't Christmas until I hear Darkwing Duck sing it off key after getting run over by a flatbed truck driven by Bushroot.

And I sure as heck wouldn't want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. Not after I found out the unique way they mark their territory.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I love Elmo's appearance in this special. It was funny! :laugh:
I like both The Count's and Elmo's versions of this song. It can be both overwhelming and fun when it comes to one of Kevin Clash's final performances of Elmo.