Dearth/Alex's Customs and Dioramas v2

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Right. U know, everytime he wears a hat, I keep thinkin' he has all of his hair.

Dearth

Reaction score
Found this Toob of Musical Instruments at Hobby Lobby the other day. Might be a good investment if you're missing the sax for Zoot or the trumpet for Lips. Or just to have them lying around backstage as set dressing.

I used an online 40% off coupon and got it for just over $5.

Alex

Hubert

Reaction score
Ooh...very neat...I may make that purchase at some point, even if to only be able to have that neat little clarinet...

Dearth

Reaction score
Yep. We've got a CD with songs from Muppet Family Christmas that some fan had ripped and posted online, and we listen to it in the car every year.

In this cut-down version of the special, the isolated NBC poem by Ernie and Bert is immediately preceded by a soundbyte from Kermit to Robin, and I can't tell you how many times we've each expressed the opinion that without the visuals, the Ernie lines sound more like Kermit. (A misconception strengthened by hearing Ernie talk to Rowlf and call for the curtain to open and close.)

Finally I decided to just cut the poem down by itself and see what it would look like coming out of Kermit's mouth instead. That video was the result.

Happy holidays!
Alex

Dearth

Reaction score
Okay, this is still in its rough early stages, but it's been a fun experiment to make Jim-as-Kermit sing a duet with Jim-as-Rowlf. I plan to refine this more, tweak the timing in places, and possibly have them take turns on certain lines before dueting on the choruses, etc.

Enjoy!

Alex