Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Delight

Reaction score
Wow...

I am really late at learning about all of this....( i do sometimes feel i live under a rock..)

About 30 mintues ago i heard a news blurb on my local radio station say something about Kevin resigning due to a sex scandal. I could not beleive my ears... so came here for the facts.

Although i am late to the game...i am no less shocked. Never expected this...

Just wow. I am stunned.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I am so freaking tired of these accusers all starting to pop up. There are so many words I want to say but since this is a family-friendly forum, I'll refrain. But this whole thing just needs to be over.

ncchuck

Reaction score
I am so freaking tired of these accusers all starting to pop up. There are so many words I want to say but since this is a family-friendly forum, I'll refrain. But this whole thing just needs to be over.
I 100% AGREE

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Please, someone make it stop!

I don't know if any of you noticed, but this has an effect on all Muppeteers now. I guess before my mother thought all Muppeteers were nice people and all, which I think I told them, but know with this story, I noticed that my mother would probably not approve of me talking to any Muppeteer now! Which is really bad becuase I became Facebook friends with quite a lot of names, (Haven't sent a message yet)

I want them to come out and tell everyone that Kevin's innocent and he can finally go back to work. I want it to end, but I can't see that happening anymore, since four accusers now, I might have just lost hope. It's too bad, I really liked Kevin.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, it's not just the Muppeteers, it's all puppeteers in general, because of the cruely unfair stigma that's place on them that, "All puppeteers are pedophiles", and unfortunately, with this whole scandal with Kevin, people are going to put that into perspective.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It wouldn't be fair for people to judge all Muppeteers, or even puppeteers, in general based on these accusations, sadly that's how these things work when people don't want to think things out. It's stereotyping; when one member of a group gets into trouble, all members do.

inturnaround

Reaction score
But aside from that, I mean, under what normal circumstances does a 16/17-year-old fly to from one end of the country, to another, unattended?
Didn't Kevin come from Baltimore to NYC unattended?

With celebrity, there can be no normal circumstances.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
When I was 17 I flew from Connecticut to Washington State unattended. It happens. Florida to NYC isn't far at all, really.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Please, someone make it stop!

I don't know if any of you noticed, but this has an effect on all Muppeteers now. I guess before my mother thought all Muppeteers were nice people and all, which I think I told them, but know with this story, I noticed that my mother would probably not approve of me talking to any Muppeteer now! Which is really bad becuase I became Facebook friends with quite a lot of names, (Haven't sent a message yet)

I want them to come out and tell everyone that Kevin's innocent and he can finally go back to work. I want it to end, but I can't see that happening anymore, since four accusers now, I might have just lost hope. It's too bad, I really liked Kevin.
Yes, that is the point I was trying to make a few weeks back... this scandal, true or not true, casts a poor light over the whole industry because that is how people think. Really, really sad that after coaches, priests, teacher and boy scouts, now this has hit our beloved puppeteers!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When it comes to teachers and that stigma, I swear, my state is the worst, because we have TONS of those teacher-student sex scandals all over the local news throughout the year, it's not even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.