Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
When it comes to teachers and that stigma, I swear, my state is the worst, because we have TONS of those teacher-student sex scandals all over the local news throughout the year, it's not even funny.
It happens everywhere to be sure and it's not funny; I agree. But the fact is 'how I see it' it happens everywhere and the rampant attention of the media on these events only serves to ramp it up, rather than reduce it. A quick look at rising statistics bears that out. So now our kids truly have nowhere to turn because it's too risky to develop meaningful relationships with children.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It also doesn't help that society, in general, continuously crumbles into corruption; some times, when I think about the future we're facing, I'd rather the end of time just come sooner than later.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Things are getting messy and I have a feeling that there will be a rapid increase over the years so everyone is advised to hang onto their hats, lol.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ug and just when I thought things where starting to settle...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I know what you mean, Dwayne. Seems like Kevin's departure hasn't stopped people from harassing him.

Things are getting messy and I have a feeling that there will be a rapid increase over the years so everyone is advised to hang onto their hats, lol.
Yeah. I worry that things like this may start to happen with Carroll Spinney and the others. I hope and pray I'm wrong on this, but this seems to be a never-ending cycle.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
*Sigh* One person is defending Cecil by saying that it was Kevin's responsibilty to ask his age when they met on that chatline. Um, as I recall, he did ask, and Cecil lied about his age.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/jade-...nother-blog-by-jade-elektra/10151132340495592

Well, according to Cecil, Kevin kept his job a secret for seveal years, saying he worked for the School Board. After Cecil Googled Kevin, he apparently said something along the lines of, "Did you think I was going to take advantage of you? Why didn't you tell me the truth?".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cecil is the one who has the most inconsistencies with his story/ies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The problem is people are going to start wondering how long this has been going on. The last accuser said that it happened in 1994=95 right? People are going to start to think Sesame should have done something sooner, but how could they have if they didn't know.
I don't want to think about any one else having any kind of "issue" on the street. That is the last thing we need

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I probably shouldn't have brought that up, but I agree with what you said. They probably should have done something about these situations years before it came to this. The trouble is we live in a corrupt world and no one is immune to the tragedies they face.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Yeah. I probably shouldn't have brought that up, but I agree with what you said. They probably should have done something about these situations years before it came to this. The trouble is we live in a corrupt world and no one is immune to the tragedies they face.
I don't think his employer is or was responsible for monitoring what he did in his private life... let's keep a clear distinction here, as there is absolutely no involvement of his job or his character in the mix. He met these guys in a totally different capacity- has nothing to do with work. I'd hate to confuse this case- an older man who 'dates' younger men and meets some of them online, where they are willing, in fact, seeking participants- with the many other cases we read about.

Status
Not open for further replies.