Shaka's Sesame Sketches

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
So! I don't have very much worth scanning and sharing at the moment, but now that I'm on Christmas break, hopefully I'll be able to motivate myself to get some of my ideas on paper.
Be forewarned! I like to ramble. A lot. xD;

To start out, this is just a group of three very basic character drawings to establish a style for drawing them later. And thus why their poses are less than inspired or dynamic. (They look best in full-size.)

Yeah, I know, it's downright surreal to see Oscar out of his can. But I like to draw characters as fully flesh and blood creatures and take a few liberties (like his shoulders here) while still staying fairly true to their overall visual identity.
His face took some hundred and one adjustments until I was happy with it. Also, most may not notice or think much of it at first, since monsters and monster-esqe Muppets are generally bottom-heavy by default, but I actually gave him more of a paunch than I would for others. I thought it wasn't too out-of-place for a crusty, middle-aged guy like him to have just the slightest touch of a "beer-gut." XD;;;

I'm the least satisfied with the Count's pose. I mostly wanted to show off his hands a bit. And his body proportions took soe tweaking, but I'm overall satisfied with it, awkward pose aside.

Oh geez, Cookie, your hands! It was a nightmare to figure those out and get them the way I wanted. Oh, but once I got past those, the rest was a blast to draw. <3

Soooo yeah, maybe I'll have more up by tomorrow. I am also open to suggestions, and critique is highly encouraged. <3

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
WHOA now. I'd have more critiquing to do if you needed it, but your linework is SUPERB!! I must say, SS characters in your style are downright awesome :wisdom: (I like using that "wisdom" Big Bird as a smiley, heh)

I especially love Cookie's fingers and your Count von Count in the middle all around. The Count was always my favorite along with Bert and Big Bird, and your version of him looks positively dapper. His hands are well-defined, too! I'd just say keep it up! :excited:

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
WHOA now. I'd have more critiquing to do if you needed it, but your linework is SUPERB!! I must say, SS characters in your style are downright awesome :wisdom: (I like using that "wisdom" Big Bird as a smiley, heh)

I especially love Cookie's fingers and your Count von Count in the middle all around. The Count was always my favorite along with Bert and Big Bird, and your version of him looks positively dapper. His hands are well-defined, too! I'd just say keep it up! :excited:
:flirt::flirt::flirt:
Thank you so much omg!

Great to know that the headache from the constant redrawing of their hands was worth it. XD And the fact that you like my Count, when he was the one I was most worried about.
Yes, I simply had to give him a dapper look, as would suit a nobleman. :batty:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Wow, I love them! You add real character to the drawings and you have a wonderful style! I hope to see more! :smile:

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
Wow, I love them! You add real character to the drawings and you have a wonderful style! I hope to see more! :smile:
Aww, thank you! :flirt: I hope I can post more. xD I probably won't be able to post anything today like I hoped, but ah well. I should be able to organize my ideas and put them to paper eventually.

cjd874

Reaction score
Great job! I like to be more realistic with my representations of the Muppets, but this is really a fantastic cartoon. I really hope that we can share some SS-themed artwork in the future. :grouchy::frown::stick_out_tongue::batty::wisdom::laugh::super::insatiable::search:

ShakaRaka

Reaction score
Thanks again, everyone. :smile:
Man, I told myself I would draw and post a Christmassy sketch at least before the end of the month, but the last two weeks were just really hectic, so uhh...

OH LOOK OVER HERE! A puny handful of hasty, digitally cleaned-up sketches of babby Cookie to distract you all in the meantime! :insatiable:
Er, I mean... Hey, check it out: some cutesy baby drawings I decided to ink and post for no particular reason. Eheheheh... eheh...
>>;
<<;

*flees*

Lol what is sleep?

Hubert

Reaction score
Wowie Kazowie! These are marvelous! I especially like the original drawings you posted first, but cute Cookie Monsters are equally awesome! :insatiable:

Especially loving the Count drawing most of all.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Such clean linework and such cute cuteness! :insatiable: Your Baby Cookies are awesome