Academy Awards

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate

Many are available on the internet, can be see at film festivals, or in the case of "The Chubb Chubbs", could be viewed before MIB 2 on the DVD, or in the movies theaters (where I originally saw it)
I went to see MIB 2, and I didn't see this cartoon.. perhaps I was late and missed it, or the 2nd string theaters didn';'t show it (where I saw it)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
So did everybody else. He receieved more boos than anything. From Hollywood, that's a big deal.
Jamie, what're you talkin' about? How did "everybody else" go over the line big time?

:confused:

GWGumby

Reaction score
I believe he meant that everybody else thought Moore went over the line.

Personally, I think everyone was ready for him to do something controversial and had their boos ready to go the moment his name was read. I'm surprised they weren't handing out tomatoes in the aisles prior to the documentary award.

radionate

Reaction score
He did get a standing ovation when his name was called. Regardless of his remarks, Hollywood fell in love with his film.

Regardless of what "side" you are one, his movies always make you think.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Oh, I don't condemn him for what he did in the slightest. I just mean that given his reputation and his films, there was absolutely no way he was going to pass up such a public opportunity and NOT introduce some type of controversy. I mean, that's what the guy does.

And not saying he didn't deserve his award, but I wonder if part of his winning was based on people anticipating his acceptance speech.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Exactly. No point of view is an excuse to behave badly. He should just make a film about his side of the issue. I'm sure he will.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Exactly. No point of view is an excuse to behave badly.
I agree. I felt that many of the presenters and winners went a little far in trying to "make a stand".

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I agree. I felt that many of the presenters and winners went a little far in trying to "make a stand".
Weren't they prohibited from using their acceptance speeches for doing that, anyway? I didn't know the guy got booed; I was busy doing something else and I had the sound muted; guess I got lucky :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

Eminem won Best Song for 8 Mile. I know I was speechless to see that happen.
Oh, that so cheezed me off last night. In my opinion Paul Simon's "Father and Daughter" deserved that Oscar; heck, any of the other nominees deserved that award more than Eminem. He does not need the ego boost.

On the other hand, I'm still thrilled that Spirited Away won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature. :big_grin:

-Kim

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Weren't they prohibited from using their acceptance speeches for doing that, anyway?
Presenters were told they couldn't, but they did anyway. Winners were told they could say anything they wanted, as they had earned that time.