New Muppet Caper Movie 2013 Official Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cheapest could work, no doubt about it. As long as it doesn't need too many holes patched up and too many references to update. Other than that, I don't think the time is right for something that experimental. Maybe next film. It relies on quite a bit of Monty Python-esque absurdist humor, and it would work if done right. But then if it doesn't it comes off jarring and strange instead of wacky and weird. Then you wonder if Jim and the rest abandoned it for a reason. Sometimes concepts sound better on paper, and lose something in translation. It could be a good fit for the Muppets, but then it could just turn into a joke that the novelty wears off very fast.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Cheapest could work, no doubt about it. As long as it doesn't need too many holes patched up and too many references to update. Other than that, I don't think the time is right for something that experimental. Maybe next film. It relies on quite a bit of Monty Python-esque absurdist humor, and it would work if done right. But then if it doesn't it comes off jarring and strange instead of wacky and weird. Then you wonder if Jim and the rest abandoned it for a reason. Sometimes concepts sound better on paper, and lose something in translation. It could be a good fit for the Muppets, but then it could just turn into a joke that the novelty wears off very fast.
I personally miss that element of The Muppets. The weirdness, the wackiness, and the bad jokes, anything for a laugh style. Mentioning the Monty Python style humor, I think British Humor totally influenced The Muppets a great deal in the later Muppet Show episodes, esspecially when Chris Langum joined the team. And he worked for John Clease and Spike Milligan. You know what's strange is how explosions, bad campy jokes, weirdless and monsters were Muppet trademarks and singuature for many years but today is rarely seen.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i honestly dont care as long as its done right and has a good plot and a good use a characters

mupcollector1

Reaction score
i honestly dont care as long as its done right and has a good plot and a good use a characters
And I think that's one the great things about The Muppets and even fans. We all love them for so many different reasons. Like me, for the humor. Others for the characters, Some for the positive heart-filled moments of harmony, etc. It's great. :smile: