Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Vincent L

Reaction score
There's also "Stay out of Chick-fil-A", which I find amusing. :laugh:

theSHE124

Reaction score
Uh, should the video's theme be excluded from this thread? Well, in my opinion, the end of the world shouldn't be joked around. :concern:

ProboSowa

Reaction score
I saw that video a few hours ago. Needless to say I was glad when I saw Jerry.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I had a question: Listening to "Eye of the Storm" from Truro Daydreams (such a beautiful and poignant song, favorite one on the album), and I was wondering: Does anyone know who Matt is? He references Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, his daughter, and I think the Jon is Jon Stone.

Anyway, such a beautiful album all around. Really moving experience.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I had a question: Listening to "Eye of the Storm" from Truro Daydreams (such a beautiful and poignant song, favorite one on the album), and I was wondering: Does anyone know who Matt is? He references Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, his daughter, and I think the Jon is Jon Stone.

Anyway, such a beautiful album all around. Really moving experience.
I believe the "Matt" you're talking about is Matt Vogel, who is a current puppeteer on Sesame Street and The Muppets. I think Matt may do The Count in the future because Jerry Nelson said that Matt would be the best performer of The Count if Jerry dies.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I believe the "Matt" you're talking about is Matt Vogel, who is a current puppeteer on Sesame Street and The Muppets. I think Matt may do The Count in the future because Jerry Nelson said that Matt would be the best performer of The Count if Jerry dies.
I thought that at first, but all of the other names mentioned in the song are people who have died.

Although it's possible; it doesn't make mention of "Matt" in the song being dead, only Matt telling Jerry Nelson that his turn is going to come.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm late but yeah, the JibJab video having Jerry was terrific. I was very mad Jerry was left out of the tribute section of Katie Couric's "2012-in-review" special.