Linda Bove question

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Where in the world is the famous deaf actress Linda Bove now? Is she still on Sesame Street? What happened if she was booted off?:confused:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe I saw her in an episode in this season. Maybe someone can confirm the episode number and we can help target the date of when it will air.

The new Sesame season begins on Monday April 7th. A new season of Play With Me Sesame will begin on the same day.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I don't know the episode number, but she was in the episode (this season) where Grover starts up a popcorn stand and can't figure out how to turn it off so Ernie goes out to get more people over to help eat all the popcorn. Linda and Bob suggested that Grover just turn off the machine.

That was one of the best Sesame Street episodes I've seen in a long time!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I saw her in Elmo's World about Dogs, With Barkley !

It was Episode 3904 !

see ya

Hays

Reaction score
She's also in the fairly recent video "The Great Computer Caper"

ScottMonster

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
I don't know the episode number, but she was in the episode (this season) where Grover starts up a popcorn stand and can't figure out how to turn it off so Ernie goes out to get more people over to help eat all the popcorn. Linda and Bob suggested that Grover just turn off the machine.

That reminds me:

I made a point of taping this episode because someone here at this forum told me that Jerry Nelson made a cameo in this one. Well I got home and watched it, but have to confess I didn't see him. The very next day I happened to catch the very end of SS, and I saw Zoe was asking an ice cream vendor a zillion questions.. now THAT was Jerry Nelson, wasn't it? If it was, it's unfortunate that it probably wont be seen again.

ScottMonster

Reaction score
Since it's too late for me to edit the above...

I don't mean to come off sounding like some sort of Nazi or something, but...

cue music

One of these threads is not like the others
One of these threads just dosen't belong
Can you guess which thread is not like the others
by the time I finish this song!

end music

Well gang, tell me did you guess THIS thread? If you did, you guessed right! Because since this is a thread about Linda Bove, it really belongs in the Sesame Street forum, since she's not a JHC employee. Sorry to have a little fun at your expense, erniebert -- a lot of people get confused by this. It's understandable. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
LOL!

But, it still counts as a "Henson People" because SS was a JHC cooperative production, and some still claim it to be.

I get your drift, tho, man.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
By my count,

Linda Bove was in 3 Sesame Street episodes this past season (episode numbers unknown).

- the episode where Zoe asks Rosita to teach her Spanish? Linda Bove gets splashed by Fuzzy, Oscar's pet elephant. This occurs in the middle of the episode.

- the epiosde where Bob and Linda teach sign language to various kids (one of whom is wheelchair-bound) and Big Bird. This is at the beginning.

- the episode mentioned above where Grover runs a popcorn stand.....

BTW....Jerry Nelson DOES make a cameo, but at the end, as an ice cream vendor. He appears right before the Letter of the Day segment, talking to Lulu, and at the very end before the ending credits, talking with Lulu again. He has one or two lines, but his voice and appearance are undoubtedly Jerry's.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Bad News about LINDA BOVE

Linda Bove is not in the end credits of this season of SESAME STREET, so it can be assumed that her 32 year affiliation with the show has officially come to an end.

Poor Bob.