“Hello, Sammy!”; inappropriate or not

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I’m sure everybody remembers back in 1986 when Carol Channing was on Sesame Street; she sang the song “Hello, Sammy!”, obviously to Jim Henson’s Sammy the Snake, a funny “Hello, Dolly!” parody. Carol serenades Sammy as he coils himself around her arms; people have posted on YouTube that the skit is actually too inappropriate & that Carol & Sammy had a sexual kinda interaction; I find that just totally ridiculous. What do you guys think?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
The only thing inappropriate is nvm, i'm gived up

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What do you guys think?
I honestly think you have too much of an obsession with this particular bit; you've been talking about it almost non-stop for years.
Its almost amazing how humans have evolved so that their brains are in their genitals.
Wouldn't that be more of a de-evolution? :wink:

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I honestly think you have too much of an obsession with this particular bit; you've been talking about it almost non-stop for years.
Wouldn't that be more of a de-evolution? :wink:
Well if I wasn’t Autistic, then I wouldn’t be a Muppet fan, let alone be fascinated with that clip

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It’s a product of the time, while it might be a little weird now it probably wasn’t that weird for the 80’s.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Maybe you are just TAKING IT AS INAPPROPRIATE, HMM?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
To be fair, Jim might have went a little overboard on the "Oh yes'!"

The thing I find more fascinating is how Sesame Street can somehow make the most bittersweet music out of banjos, bells and flutes.