10 Classic SST Moments You Shouldn't Show Your Kids

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't anything on there is supposed to be taken at face value.

Except that rabbit one. Why did they even make it?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Silly rabbit, Sesame Street is for kids. :stick_out_tongue:
*Calms down with the zen music that is the Indian Guru Counting song.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know what's more pathetic. The article or the paranoid comments from tin foil hat wearing wackadoos that think that Sesame Street is out to get them because they don't show 40 year old segments anymore. I thought some of the more militant old school people on this board were bad about it.

This has to be some joke. I wouldn't call that journalism by a freaking long shot. I'd respect this if it was a blog, but someone got paid to waste his and our time with that article.

Shell, that Bob singing "Good Morning Starshine" isn't even available on DVD. Even if I did agree with this list (I'd need a botched lobotomy first), I doubt a 4 year old will be looking that up specifically on Youtube.

But I agree. That rabbit has no business being on a kid's show.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Well, I read and it's garbage... nothing but saying that Kermit is a real jerk. Pathetic! Kermit is not a jerk... so don't even insult Jim Henson. :grr::frown: Henson was the original performer of Kermit the Frog. THAT ARTICLE SHOULD BE BOTCHED and showing it to everyone is a bad sign and a negative influence to kids.

Except one little detail... I agree with everyone that the rabbit should never ever be intended to be shown to kids on Sesame Street.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if this was intended as a joke piece, this guy's snarky comments are forced and unfunny. How this guy even has a career is pathetic in and of itself. It's like he's trying to be Cracked and failing miserably at it.

But I seriously love the comments whining about Political Correctness, like the liberal P.C. Police are waiting to pop out of a cookie jar and blow their whistle at you, like Odie in A Garfield Thanksgiving. Anyone see that? A Garfield Thanksgiving? Remember that scene? Yeah... that's what anti-PC nutjobs think reality is like.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ok ok...so I'm watching these and giving why these are or AREN'T legitmiate.
1.:Kermit is OBVIOUSLY telling Cookie those things to show the emotions angry and sad.......he doesn't mean those things....I mean nobody complains about meanness on Arthur, because...kids are mean at times. Kermit was trying to be mean just show feelings...actually take everything..not just out of context.
2:Oh you've got to be kidding me....not everybody is a pedophile.....he's singing a song! He just has his arm around the girl...not snuggling...
3.It's trying to get kids to be active and eat right...it's not to hurt kid's feelings it's to get them to do what's healthy!
4.You have GOT to be kidding. The message here is quite obviously if lost or stuck wait for a grown-up friend to help you....the baby would have gotten hurt...ok the baby broken is a bit scary, but that's what would happen....ok not literally of course, but it's how kids would think broken bones looked....
5.Ok...that was creepy, but hilariously bad...I'll give them this..but only because I hate pointless filler....
6.Really? Terroism? Running from mistakes? Well you did admit to your mistake...THIS LIST. What would your reaction be if you brought down a bridge? Hmmm....? Run before being taken to a mental hospital when you blame the remote? Oh me too....
7.Hi! Let's quote Stubbs from We're Back. Stubbs: You know how I"m talking and they're laughing? THAT"S COMEDY! I mean that's what's intended genius, and the girl obviously shows you it's not right.
8.It shows you what to do when lost. Kids like crazy stuff! I like crazy stuff! NOT ALL IMAGINATION HAS TO DO WITH DRUGS!
9.HE DIDN"T OPEN HIS COAT! HE TOOK THE O OUT OF IT GENIUS! DO YOU HAVE ANT-ROSE COLORED GLASSES THAT LETS YOU SEE STUPID STUFF THAT DOESN"T EXIST?!
10. Cookie losing a cookie? I don't get it......

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm really getting sick of these random lists of crap, actually.

I stupidly wasted my time with this article about 5 movies that didn't deserve to bomb and at least 3 of those films were terrible and deserved it. You can't even tell if these are written sarcastically anymore.

Really... Freddy got Fingered? Tom Green is the worst comedian ever. Worse than Dane Cook, worse than Rob Schneider.

Seriously, internet. STOP with the CRAPPY numbered lists already!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I'm really getting sick of these random lists of crap, actually.
Me too! It makes want to go to the bathroom and cry myself to death. Ugh

Seriously, internet. STOP with the CRAPPY numbered lists already!
I agree, Drtooth! There should be petions and boycotts to ban people that keep posting a bunch of crap that is not supposed to be mentioned in Internet or be newspaper. EVER! :frown::sigh: