10 second Club

wes

Reaction score
10 second Club/20 second Club

Hennesprod(William) started this over on the lipsnyc thread and i was excited and wanted to get it started. William you can take over when ever your ready. click the quote it will send you there!

hennesprod said:

It's simple video(you can use a digital camera) your puppet lipsyncing a sound bite from a movie(please no muppet Movie's that would be to easy and evryone know them backwards and forward it wouldn't be challenging) 10 seconds ,just anough for to view the lipsync. upload the video to a site such as google video or youtube.com(the later worked better for me). Post a link to this thread so evry one can see. Keep it clean so everyone can enjoy it.

I posted it under puppetry because this could be very helpful to people who want to learn more about puppetry and can learn from other technique.

have fun and learn some thing!!
Hers mine for starters, I been on a Mary Popins kick lately,
http://www.youtube.com/?v=9cxe1SI5ynQ

Lets Make it a 20 second club I don't think 10 is enough

Melonpool

Reaction score
It'd be cool if someone could post a mp3 or a wav file with the sound bite. I also think 10 seconds is plenty, but 20 works for me. I guess I'll go rent Mary Poppins today. I even have an idea for mine when it's my turn....

Steve

wes

Reaction score
How'd it look steve it's not the best but, come on tell me ?

Melonpool

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the song took too long to get started. The dancing was fine, but I kept waiting for the song to start. The lip synching was great, though I'd have made him focus on something, rather than sort of staring 3/4 off camera.

I suppose I shouldn't be too quick to criticize, though. You guys haven't seen my awful puppetry, yet. :wink:

Steve

Phantom

Reaction score
Nice. You get some good expressions out of Jose.

wes

Reaction score
Thanks that what we're looking for construtive critisim, now some one else post a video!

Ps: is that how you spell Joes, i haven't got use to spelling it yet!! :smile: thanks

Melonpool

Reaction score
I'm going to go rent Mary Poppins right now, and upload that as well as a different one. Or should we just keep one up and do a second later?

Steve

wes

Reaction score
Go ahead post you don't have to wait for comments they will come as we go!
And you don't have to post the same thing. Have fun:smile:

MGov

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with Steve on the opening being too long. Start with the lyrics unless there is something interesting or entertaining about the puppet and the music.

And I agree with Steve on the focus. If you are intending the character to be addressing off-camera characters, pick out specific spots for the puppet to look to for each of the off-camera characters. Use the whole area within the camera shot.

And I know this isn't always possible for all of us, but if you (the general, everyone participating "you") can avoid a busy background that will distract from the puppets' performances, that will help in the long run.

Is that section of the song from the soundtrack album/cd?