16 Daytime Emmy Nominations for Sesame Street

Oscarfan

Reaction score
http://www.toughpigs.com/daytime-emmy-2012/

Good for them! I will say this though: "Don't Give Up", while a fine number, is so similar to "What I Am" (which won last year) that I would rather have seen something else nominated ("Change the World" maybe?)

Hubert

Reaction score
*sings*
16, 16, 16, 16, let's sing the song of 16! How many is 16?

BOY: 16 Ducks!

GIRL: 16 Cats!

MAN: 16 Puppies!

JIM HENSON'S VOICE: 16 Emmy Nominations!

*Baker comes out with Emmys, then falls*

And that's the song of 16!

dwmckim

Reaction score
It's still up in the air as to whether the ceremony will be televised this year (and if so where) - but now that the nominations have been announced, i have a feeling there may be a renewed interest in seeing the awards aired...

In the daytime drama awards, Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer, General Hospital) and Erika Slezak (Victoria Lord, One Life to Live) are both nominated for Best Actor/Actress awards ... and the two of them are currently tied with Justin Deas for Most Acting Emmy Wins (each of them currently are six time Emmy winners.)

With the possibility of one of them being able to pick up a record-breaking seventh, this year's ceremony is much more buzz-worthy and i predict we'll get news about a television airing soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because you're the expert....

With most of the Soap Operas gone, are they even going to have those categories anymore?

There's roughly 4 types of programming on weekdays now. Talk Shows, Game Shows, Judge Shows, and Infomercials (especially on the Weekeneds)... and those last ones don't count. Other than the kid's programming, there seems to be nothing worth rooting for.

I still want to see the creation of a Daytime Razzie award. There's just SOOOO much awful there. The horrid Saturday morning lines ups, Judge clones that are all "different" by being the same, Maury "why in God's name is this garbage still on the air? NO ONE LIKES YOU!!!" Povich... Is the goal to insult the unemployed off their couches or something? Am I missing something?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yes. All the awards are still there - this year's awards represent calendar year 2011 so even though two were cancelled they were still airing. Since One Life to Live aired its final episodes in Jan of this year, they're still eligible for nominations next year.

If more are lost, then we'll see what happens with the awards - i think NATAS might be looking at including online productions.