17 Things Kermit has done that are worse than living in a mansion.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
First of all, I don't see what's so wrong with Kermit living in a mansion (and the junior novel provides a reasonable reason I won't mention here). And second of all.... Most of the things on that list I don't find bad at all (and certainly not worse than living in a mansion).

The only things on that list I really agree with are: The parts about him being jealous of celebrity guests, arguing with a moose who sounds like John Wayne (actually to make it valid it should have mentioned he hated the moose for having the pun name Mickey Moose), and maybe the part about him making Fozzie do all the stagehand work over a simple misunderstanding (actually him threatening to fire him if anything wrong happens would be more like it... It's clear Fozzie didn't start the fire in the theater).

Kermit had valid reasons for firing Wayne and Wanda, he had a valid reason for firign Miss Piggy, Mark Hamil wasn't a host but I'm sure any host would cancel someone for being a bad singer, Kermit had reasons for canceling Fozzie's acts (one of which was because Fozzie was trapped in a trunk), I don't know what's wrogn with visiting the planet koozebane or being a reporter. And Kermit didn't drive the studebaker halfway across the country (it was Fozzie who did so).

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
This is, by far, the best thing to come out of... particular recent news stories. To accompany it, I bring this out:

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2011/10/so-you-think-muppets-are-above-fart.html
I was going to post this too! I just saw it. I love it.

When I heard about the Fart Shoes Incident, the first thing I thought was, well, wasn't there that line in "Muppets Take Manhattan," where Rowlf says "Why does everybody always blame dogs?" Surely, an actual fart joke is worse than a whoopie cushion joke?

And Minormuppetz, in my opinion, none of the stuff on that list - nor Kermit living in a mansion - is problematic at all. In fact, I love the fact that the Muppets are flawed enough as characters to experience a human emotion as petty as jealousy. I've felt jealous before. It's an unfortunate human trait.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I can't remember where I heard it or who said it, but they said that the basic building block of the Muppets as characters is a magnified flaw.

Frogster

Reaction score
This is mostly a pointless article... what's wrong with him riding in a Studebaker? Becoming a star on Broadway? Being Smollett in a film role? There's nothing wrong with him living in a rundown mansion where he's most likely having trouble keeping up on the maintenance, as evidence to the tool box he's holding in the trailer. The magic starts to die when we start dictating minor and mundane details. Let me know when Kermit starts doing illegal activity, THEN articles like this will have a reason for existing.

ryan19

Reaction score
i remember i had this magic pen coloring book with kermit introducing the mansion where all them muppets stayed so im guessing kermit's residing in a mansion is due to the fact that he wanted everyone to live together ... but somehow they moved out perhaps . ( just my 2cents tho )

dwmckim

Reaction score
I love the IDEA of this article. I just wish the author either (a) used better examples and/or (b) provided explanations as to why the examples he chose were "worse".

Unfortunately, without that, the author fails to make his point and what should have been an excellent article just leaves the reader thinking he doesn't know what he's talking about and in doing, doesn't succeed in disputing the point he's trying to deflate...which in itself could have easily been dismissed by bringing up the point that the film provides ample satisfactory reason for Kermit's existence there.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
This is, by far, the best thing to come out of... particular recent news stories. To accompany it, I bring this out:

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2011/10/so-you-think-muppets-are-above-fart.html
I read that article too. It's always great to read something sensible in the midst of over-the-top ignorance.

As for that Moviefone article, I didn't really read it for the same reasons mentioned by previous posts. I also hesitated to watch the Zamm movie review video of the new film for fear that it would mindlessly hop on the brainless bandwagon of slamming the film before its release, giving in to the mob mentality.

IMO, they should instead focus on giving the Muppets their "Likes" on Facebook. That's something that would be WAAAAAAAY more productive. :big_grin:

terrimonster

Reaction score
I don't think all of the examples are supposed to be worse on a moral scale, but simply worse in terms of creating "a false history that the characters were forced to act out for the sake of this movie" (from the article). So there's nothing wrong with being a Broadway star, or visiting Koozebane, or being Fozzie's twin brother, but as far as false histories go, they're pretty far out there. (What's less believable, Kermit in a mansion, or Kermit and Fozzie sharing a father who's a green bear with frog eyes and a collar?) I think the point is that there's no sense complaining about a false history for this movie when nearly everything the Muppets have done has had some degree of false history or out-there fiction.

Not directly related to that, but at least they almost gave Oz credit for saying that he didn't want to make a big deal of it. I really think he was trying to be diplomatic, but now he's made to look like the bad guy.