18 Years Ago...

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
*God Bless you Jim Henson.*

That's all I can say. I don't think that simple words can say what me, nor any of us, feel today. So today, I'm gettin decked out in my Muppet Show belt, one of my many Kermit shirts and a Jim Henson pin and I'm spreading the rememberance. :smile:

You are truly missed, Jim. Thank you for everything.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
A good day to reflect and remember on. But I think Jim would also want us to smile today, so at some point today go and find something silly to do that makes you laugh.

Convincing John

Reaction score
You know what I did this morning?

On my way to work to pick up a friend (I just started carpooling), I popped in the "It's Not Easy Being Green and Other Things to Consider" CD. I skipped ahead to where Kermit sings "Rainbow Connection" and rolled down the window. I saw kids going to school, half hoping they'd hear it.

As I drove, the weather here was/is beautiful today. Not a cloud in the sky and just a light breeze. My route took me through these little residential areas with huge oak trees arching over the streets. Sunlight filtered through green, ruffling leaves as Kermit sang to me and whoever else heard him as I passed. I thought about Jim's "big old oak tree in California" experience and his thoughts about nature.

I looked at the signpost as I passed by this little picturesque, sunlit neighborhood: "Green Street". It sure was.

Thanks Jim.:smile:

Convincing John

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
A good day to reflect and remember on. But I think Jim would also want us to smile today, so at some point today go and find something silly to do that makes you laugh.
i couldnt say it better my self...its time to put on bright yellow pants grab a rubber chicken and dance the macarena in honor of Jim

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I would love to be wearing my Kermit shirt, but since I am working, I'm wearing Kermit green instead, my own little private tribute to Jim I guess. Happy day up in heaven Jim!

tomahawk

Reaction score
"Please watch out for each other and love and forgive everybody. It's a good life, enjoy it"
- Jim Henson :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
My life has been so stressed and hectic lately I honestly forgot today was the anniversary of Jim's death until I came to Muppet Central. Jim will never be forgotten (even if I forgot this date! :frown:)

Xerus

Reaction score
I too remember that tragic day.

I just got home one afternoon and my Dad told me that Jim Henson had died. The news shocked me. I was just starting to learn about the talented man known as Jim Henson and his family of Muppeteers. And I wondered will his works will ever go on. Then in November, I saw the tribute show the Muppets did about him and then started feeling a little better.

And I was thinking about Jim this morning when I learned today was May 16th. I can't believe 18 years had passed. I'll always remember you, Jim. :cry:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
where the HECK does the time go!

we love you (and miss you) VERY much Jim! :smile: