1976-1978 Animal Puppet

MoguiViper9

Reaction score
Hey there,
I was looking for an Animal puppet made by Fisher Price in 1976-1978. I naturally looked on ebay and found a few that were in good condition and had the pink fur (I know this one is less valuable, but I think he looks better and that's what counts to me). but some of them are going for over $60. I was wondering if there is any good online stores where you can buy Muppet stuff other than Mouseshop.com and 2momlove.
Thanks,

--Matt

grail

Reaction score
fur?

i thought the ones that fisher price made were little stick puppets. they were made of plastic with joints at the head, arms and one at the waist so they could bend over...

then they had a hole for a stick that went either in the feet or the back (i can't remember) for the "puppet" effect...they were really like mini action figures.

i had a Gonzo one that was my good luck charm all through high-school...an old girlfriend stole it from me though...

uncleduke

Reaction score
FP also made plush versions, some puppets, some dolls.
Keep an eye on ebay, they will be on there cheaper. I got one, along with a plush ernie and bert set (plush bodies w/ vynil heads) $25 for all 3.

Watch out for the eyes, since the mechanism that works the eybrows sometimes wears away the pupils.

grail

Reaction score
well i'll be...

i guess you learn something new every day...now i really want one!!

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I finally got my Animal Fisher Price puppet as a gift last year for X-Mas. It was the one Mupept item that I really really wanted. He is super cool too, the way his mouth & eyebrows are both functional.

Unfortuantely, to get one in good shape, you are probably going to be looking at $45 or more. Otherwise, the puppet is stained, or missing clothing, or, in most cases, most all the fur on his face has been pulled off...

lazyeyejoe

Reaction score
Fisher Price animal puppet

I am confused i was trying to find the value of my 1976 Fisher Price Animal puppet and came across people selling an Animal puppet that is not the same as mine yet they claim it is the original 1976 to 1978 but the fur is not like mine , my puppets fur is wild and scraggley the Animals i saw on internet have fur like Fozzy Bear, are there different kinds ?:halo: