1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

1979 Muppet poster with Fozzie and Kermit in Studebaker

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Ray, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray New Member

When clearing out my attic I came across a poster from Jim Henson productions from the original Muppet Movie in 1979. This poster features Fozzie and Kermit in the Studebaker reading a map. I can't find this poster anywhere on the web! Does anyone have some insight into the value of this poster?
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'm willing to buy it!!
  3. Ray

Ray New Member

Any idea why there isn't much documentation on this being produced?
  4. Muppet fan 123

5. Ray

Ray New Member

I'm having trouble uploading my photo so I had to make it my member photo. I also have taken a close up of the lower right hand corner that says under the Muppet Movie logo "this is a Jim Henson Muppet movie Poster featuring Kermit the Frog and Fozzie the Bear Henson Associates, Inc. 1979."
  6. Muppet fan 123

I don't recognize that photo... I'll keep looking.
    I suggest you post the picture on Muppet Wiki and ask them there. They usually know these stuff.
  7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Cool! The image is familiar from old Muppet books, but I never knew it was released as a poster. That's awesome! Definitely a great collectors piece. ;)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. Ray

Ray New Member

Hey everyone. My search for information on this poster was sidetracked a bit (as in more than a year) but I have yet to find another one like it. Would anyone venture a guess as to what it's worth? Also, if I chose to sell it, where should I advertise? (eBay?)

Thanks in advance for your help.