1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

1979 Muppet Style Guide

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by simoragn, May 23, 2016.

1. simoragn

simoragn New Member

Hi there, just looking for a little advice - is the 1979 Muppet Style guide valuable? I have one, in a yellow/orange folder - the contents are still shrink wrapped in plastic. Just wondering if it's worth selling?

TIA
    :)

DrGroverFan and scooterfan360 like this.
  2. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

hi yes it is ! :D I would buy it from you, if your not selling it , for a really high price. I have been looking for one, I want to use it for to help me with my fan art, when I start that.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  3. simoragn

simoragn New Member

Thanks for your reply :) I'll probably list it on eBay tho, as I have no idea of what price to charge. Minimum of £10 or £15? (and see where it goes). I'll let you know so you can bid if interested?

4. scooterfan360

I would sell it for a higher price , like in the hundreds. like maybe $100 plus shipping, or $200 plus shipping. or maybe perhaps $300, or more. like $500, If you do put it up for sale on eBay, I would like to buy it from you, without having to go through a bidding war, just to get it :).

Colbynfriends likes this.
  5. DrGroverFan

DrGroverFan Member

Also interested! Do you have any pictures you could post? I agree with scooterfan360, it would probably go for a high price on eBay. Good luck! Let us know if you list it on eBay! Thanks!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  6. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

I'd imagine style guides are VERY hard to come across. Whoever won the auction, if you chose to, will be one very happy Muppet fan.

It would be nice to see some photos too. Maybe others may have some history about the item to share with you.

All the best.

7. simoragn

simoragn New Member

Hey all - thanks for your responses, really appreciate them.

Here are some photos. I haven't got any of the interior pages as it's all still wrapped in plastic, but here's the cover and the front page (as well as showing the bits where the wrapping is loose).

I's love to know more anoint this if anyone has any info. I know these were given to licensees, but don't know if this is a global one or just UK (where I am and the show was obv. made).

It seems like a cool little item, but one that a bigger Muppet fan than me would probably get more out of.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Colbynfriends

9. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

These do come up on e-Bay on occasion. It's been awhile since I've seen one though and I don't remember how much they sell for. IIRC they aren't as much as you would think but I'm sure that depends on which style guide you have. Being an older one I would think yours is worth a bit more than most.

10. scooterfan360

I would love to have the Kermit style guide, along with this one. if I see one of those , I would buy that too.

11. simoragn

simoragn New Member

Thanks all. Just working on the listing, hope to go live soon. One thing I've wondered is that I can't accurately explain the contents or condition of the interior as the pages are wrapped in plastic. Would this be a plus or a minus for anyone looking to purchase?

12. Colbynfriends

Considering it's still "sealed", seems like it'd be a plus. I'm not familiar enough with these types of objects but the book binding is kind of odd to me. I am not sure if they were bound like that when they were distributed or not. Odd question but is the wrapping dingy and dirty or does it look like it's clean and professional? I'd venture to say it's not ever been opened.

13. simoragn

simoragn New Member

It has the look of something that's been sitting in a box for decades - I definitely think it's never been used. Some of the wrapping is worn, and there is some wear on some of the exposed areas - mostly the front bottom of the front page. The binding seems to be in line with the pictures on that page you linked to (the yellow folder and the tan/sepia pages that follow). It makes sense in that while it's bound, individual pages could be removed and returned as needed.

scooterfan360 and Colbynfriends like this.
  14. Colbynfriends

Out of curiosity, where / how did you come to be in possession of that?

15. simoragn

simoragn New Member

At a local 2nd hand shop. They also had a bunch of UK Muppet annuals - inc. one with completely blank interior pages which I guess was a mock-up. I assume all from the same source. I'm thinking it was part of a warehouse/storage clean out - but who knows...

scooterfan360 and Colbynfriends like this.
  16. simoragn

simoragn New Member

17. scooterfan360

well I know one thing, I really want to purchase it, it would just break my heart if someone else gets it.

simoragn likes this.
  18. scooterfan360

I really want to buy it, but I don't want to go through a bidding war to get it.

19. simoragn

simoragn New Member

Sorry scooterfan360, I know it's pain (I've been on the other end too). I just have no idea how to price it, so seems best to let the 'market' decide. You never know, it may go for a low price!

20. simoragn

simoragn New Member