1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

1979 Muppet Style Guide

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by simoragn, May 23, 2016.

1. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

since it looks like somebody else is getting it, could you please let me know if , you run into another one ? and if you happen to run into a Kermit style book also, please let me know, because I really want both of those. I will be willing to pay for them , without going on eBay.

Colbynfriends likes this.
  2. simoragn

simoragn New Member

Hey all - less than 24hrs left on this auction if anyone's still interested (or someone's going to get a bargain!).

scooterfan360 likes this.
  3. scooterfan360

sorry I don't like bidding wars, but I tell you what, if that person wins it and does not pay for it, then I will be happy to buy it from you.

simoragn likes this.
  4. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

Looks like its doing ok now with 15 mins left :)

5. simoragn

simoragn New Member

Yeah, hadn't sold anything of note on eBay for a while. Forgotten how it can get towards the end.

6. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Darn it!! Was outbid :(

7. simoragn

simoragn New Member

Sorry - got a bit crazy at the end. :eek:

8. scooterfan360

exibt
    omg, that's how much I would have given you for it.

9. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

I don't get this. You don't have to get in to a bidding war. Put in your highest price you are willing to pay and forget it. e-Bay will automatically bid it up to the point of your highest price. A so-called bidding war is the only way for the original seller to get true market value for this priceless Muppet memorabilia. And if I were the original seller I don't think I'd sell it to you if the original buyer doesn't come through. I'd offer it to the second highest bidder. You refusing to "get into a bidding war" does nothing for the seller to achieve the true market price. Just a small rant from an experienced e-Bay seller.

Anyway, congrats to simoragn for getting a great price! I put in my bid but was outbid as well.

10. scooterfan360

first of all, I'm over this now. second, me refusing to go into an bidding war, and offering to buy an item straight from the seller, is none of your bees wax. and sometimes you do have to get into a bidding war, I choose not to. I learned my lesson many times , it is frustrating. anyway, I'm sure that another one will show up. but in the meantime, I will focus on getting things for my sewing space, and other things.

11. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel bad, I was in a "bidding war" over some Little Muppet Monsters character sheets from a seller. I was willing to do fifty bucks but ended up getting outbid. The winner got to pay 74 + shipping.

12. scooterfan360

I bet that you were upset about it.

13. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Well-Known Member

I mean it stunk but at the same time...didn't think that was worth what the winning bidder paid for for it. So in the end I feel i was the real winner there. xD

14. scooterfan360

:).