2003 Rose Bowl Parade

radionate

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Happy New Year first off.

Secondly, I am sitting here watching the 2003 Rose Bowl Parade while at the radio station, and what just flashed on the screen? None other then our Beloved Big Bird. It was a montage of floats in this years parade (so I believe). Since the theme this year is Children's Dreams, Wishes, and Imagination, it seems only fitting that some of the Muppets would make an appearance.

Stay tuned, and I'll let you know how it goes after the appearance (this float is news to me, and many of you know how nutty I am about parades).

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I have been watching the Rose Bowl Parade this morning, and I just heard Al Roker refer to one of the flowers featured on a float (the dragon one... if you have been watching) as a "Kermit the Frog Button Chrysanthemum".
!!!

And they were green!

radionate

Reaction score
ABC just talked about all the past Grand Marshal's of the parade, and talked about Kermit being the most colorful Grand Marshal, and showed two pictures of him!

As a side note, this year featured 3 Grand Marshal's, Bill Cosby, Art Linkletter, and Fred Rogers!!!!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I just turned the parade on right now and was surprised to see one of the marching bands playing the theam to The Muppet Show. After they were done, they started playing the Sesame Street theam.

beaker

Reaction score
Hmmm, you know its a sign the Muppets are back when they get so many references for not even actually being there!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I am sitting here watching the 2003 Rose Bowl Parade while at the radio station
Why are you at "work"?

:confused:

*wonders if Nate even took the time to read his own sig*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You know, it takes 3 people to replace one frog!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
I just turned the parade on right now and was surprised to see one of the marching bands playing the theam to The Muppet Show. After they were done, they started playing the Sesame Street theam.
Yeah, just as I was opening my mouth to my wife that "there are way too many marching bands in this !#$!#$ parade," that one came on and they were playing the Sesame Street theme.

So then I was excited. And we surfed through a few channels and found them again, and they played The Muppet Show and Sesame Street again.

Those lucky marching band members.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

murgatoad

Reaction score
Near the end of the parade Al Roker remarked on the Kermit flower and the Big Bird grass (or whatever) and said, quite seriously, "Where's the Miss Piggy pink carnation?" And his co-host said "I think that should be developed for next year's parade."

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I missed the parade, so thanks for mentioning all this.