2005 Macy's parade: Sesame Street

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the Big Bird float and the Sesame Street cast just appeared in the macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. They sang a song called dancing Shoes.

I think all of the current Sesame Street humans were there. Gordon, Susan, Bob, Miles, Gabbi, Luis, Alan, and Gina were there. I can't remember if Maria was there, but she probably was. There were several kids there. Muppets who showed up were Big Bird, Elmo, Zoe, Barkly, Alice Snuffleupagus, Cookie Monster, prarie Dawn, Ernie, Bert, Rosita, Grover, Baby Bear, Telly Monster, Herry Monster, The Count, and some reddish monster who I haven't seen before (is this the monster who has occassionally appeared this season who talked to some kids that everybody has been asking for the name of?).

I'm not sure if Bob's deaf niece from this season was there (since I don't know what she looks like).

zns

Reaction score
:smile: Every year, those floats get better and better. I would really like to see what the first float looked like in 1974, along with all the other ones as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
zns said:
:smile: Every year, those floats get better and better. I would really like to see what the first float looked like in 1974, along with all the other ones as well.
Was 1974 the first year that the cast appeared in the parade, or just the first year that a Big Bird balloon was shown?

zns

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Was 1974 the first year that the cast appeared in the parade, or just the first year that a Big Bird balloon was shown?
That's what it says in the chronological section of Christopher Finch's book Jim Henson: The Works. It mentions a float, but no ballon. Does anybody have any video clips from past parades.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I missed Prarie Dawn. Where was she? No I wished I taped it but I didn't. DARN!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I saw it. I didn't see Maria or Samara. Strangely, I saw Luis with his arm around Susan. That didn't look right. I did see quite a few kids there though. I don't know who that reddish monster was either. It was a nice touch including Alice and Barkley. I wish they'd be seen on the show more often.

BEAR

Reaction score
The parade just started so I have not gotten to see the Sesame Street gang yet. Nice to hear that the entire lead cast of Sesame Street is there minus Snuffy (sadly). They included Alice though so I guess she kind of takes his place. And Barkley, too? Wow! Won't expect Samara to be there. If she is, that gives us the hint that she will be more of a regular character on the show. I don't think she is though. I'm glad that Susan will be there too. I wonder how often it is they get EVERYBODY to be in the parade (including ALL of the human cast). This year seems pretty special in that repect.

Xela

Reaction score
I always love seeing the Sesame float, along with the Big Bird and Super Grover balloons. I got to see them, and I'm so happy!

By the way, did anyone see that person who got hurt during the parade? I was flipping channels around, and when I got back to the parade, someone was hurt!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I saw the SuperGrover balloon, but I got up too late for the Sesame Street float. I got it on Tivo back home, though, so I'll see it later.

Was there a Kermit balloon this year?

Happy Thanksgiving!

:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, they were all there except Maria, Oscar and Snuffy. Oh well, still good seeing them all and Gabby and Miles doing what they do best as dancers.

Characters with featured solos were Gordon, Miles, Big Bird, Zoe, Elmo, Gina, Alan, Bob, Luis and Susan!!