2007: The Power of the Dark Crystal

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Phillip Chapman!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

alorindanya

Reaction score
Thank you so much! And it was on MTV, no less, showing that a new generation will be able to view this wonderful work.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Thanks! Great read and interesting storyboards!
I wonder if Lyle Conway will be on board again?

beaker

Reaction score
"We have a lot of conception design done," Tartakovsky continued. "We'll start pre-production this fall, and then by next fall we will probably have a release."

2007 baby!

And the return of:

Now that audiences have fallen in love with Lee's style — and the computer-generated hobbits, elves and walking trees that came with it — they may finally be ready for a drop-kicking Muppet. Tartakovsky is happy to oblige, working with Froud on updated versions of Jen and Kira, the mystic urSol, one-eyed psychic Aughra, the Skeksis and the Garthim.

Huge news!

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Now I'm confused, is it 2007 or 2008? Which year for sure? Also, is it going to be wide release or limited released?

beaker

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Now I'm confused, is it 2007 or 2008? Which year for sure? Also, is it going to be wide release or limited released?
Well according to the newest article, straight from the director himself he's saying next Fall...I'm guessing a thanksgiving or christmas season 2007 release.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I had another dream about me seeing this movie. I can't remember much except Jen sounded like Tak, and there was some sort of mob that was out to get him. Also, Jen and Kira looked like they hadn't aged at all.