1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

2008 Menu Descriptions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by frogboy4, Jan 7, 2008.

1. The Count Moderator

Okay, no worries frogboy... Though shouldn't it be "frogman" by now? Eh, some of us remain kids at heart with a touch of adult growing.
    As far as the art project... Is okay if you can't do it, I understand. Contacted Vic, he also said he was swamped which I completely understand. Haven't heard from Jay (lowercasegod) yet and Oscarfan said he was interested... But in terms of having it covered, well, the lack of posts in the thread and the fact I don't have anyone committed yet should tell you the rest of the story. Take care of yourself Jamie and happy holidays.
  2. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm one of those freaky, young at heart, 34 going on 12 "elvin-looking" people so I'm used to being viewed as a frog-boy. :) My bouncy Muppet walk doesn't help. :D

The end of the year gets tough for people particularly artists. This is when people need us. Summer rolls around and clients stop calling. We tend to have an inverted hibernation. :o

Wish I could help. The Muppet Show characters are really my strong suit. Still, I take this stuff so seriously that it would be an enormous effort at anytime. If there's ever any particular Muppet Show/Muppets Tonight cast member you need a photo for I can try to locate it for you. I'll still ask around about interest in this SS project. I'm anxious to see it.
  3. The Count Moderator

Thanks, I'd appreciate that. LMK if anything/anyone turns up.
  4. frogboy4 Inactive Member

:shifty: Muppet Christmas Carol Menu :concern:

This menu is inspired directly from the movie. Snow falls in the composition. Scrooge appears from far away; head to toe in the center of the frame. The Muppet Central greeting eclipses him and morphs into Merry Christmas in white letters trimmed with red. Gonzo, in his top hat, is to the left of the greeting, Rizzo, in his top hat, to the right of it.

From left to right (on the left side):
    The cloaked Ghost of Christmas Future fades in on News rollover in front of a fenced graveyard. Next to this area is the penguin’s skating area. A very small Cratchit Piggy is seen very small just beside it. There is an archway above two tiny penguins. Upon Collectibles rollover a larger penguin in a red cap and yellow scarf skates by in the foreground. Next to this is a lamp post next to a building with a wreath and garland adorning it. There’s also a snowman out front. Upon Articles rollover the lamp lights up and Cratchit Kermit slides out into view. He is holding out his top hat and Tiny Tim Robin, who is holding out his crutch, on his shoulder. On rollout they slide back behind the lamp post disappearing. Upon Forum rollover of Gonzo, he ducks a little and his eyes widen while Bean Bunny pops out behind his shoulder.

From left to right (on the right side):
    Upon Guides rollover of Rizzo, he crouches and the Marley ghosts Statler and Waldorf fade in and float above him with their chains and semi-transparency. There are more of the city buildings exposed with a Christmas tree, moon, carolers and Fozziewig very tiny in the doorway of his building. Upon Radio rollover the ethereal floating of the angelic Ghost of Christmas Past, draped in a white gown, fades and flows into frame. Next to her on Cards rollover, the bearded Ghost of Christmas Present steps into frame from behind a wall. He disappears with a twinkling colored light effect on rollout. The red brick wall to the right has a hole in it where three members of a mouse family emerge on Help rollover. A girl mouse is in the center with an empty green bowl.

:zany:
  5. frogboy4 Inactive Member

:coy: Muppet Family Caroling Menu :insatiable:

Muppet Central is written in white in the center of the menu. It morphs into a Merry Christmas greeting. The logo appears over an image of Rizzo the Rat in a holiday wreath. The wreath is hung on a red brick building with two open windows in the center of the page. The windows have black cross-hatched pane sections. All the Muppets are caroling in the snow. Some have festive Santa and knit caps and caroling scrolls. There’s a landscape of snow, two decorated Christmas trees on opposite sides of the page, soft white glowing stars in the blue winter sky and gently falling snow.

The characters include (from left to right):
    Big Bird, Oscar (on News rollover), Count, Cookie Monster, Grover (on Collectibles rollover), Prairie Dawn, Wembley, Red, Mokey, Puppyduck & Mopatop (from UK’s Mopatop’s Shop), Sprocket (on Articles rollover), Gobo, Boober, Bert, Elmo (on Forum rollover), Ernie, Tutter & Bear (in the building’s left window), Waldorf & Statler (in the building’s right window), Kermit, Robin (on Guides rollover), Miss Piggy, Janice, Floyd, Animal (on Radio rollover), Dr. Teeth, Scooter, Gonzo wearing a knitted nose-warmer (on Cards rollover), Sam, Droop, Fozzie, Sweetums, and Bunsen & Beaker (on Help rollover).

The image originally came from the television advertisement spreads for the John Denver & the Muppets Christmas Together special and has now been transformed into this MuppetVerse inclusive menu. It isn’t the most striking one of the 6 holiday selections, but it is a fan-pleasing composition that makes me miss the Muppet world connections of years past. There is one seasonal menu right after Christmas until the New Years' menu follows it and this all begins again.

Merry Christmas all!
    :flirt:
  6. peyjenk New Member

It is so hard to choose a favorite Christmas menu! They are all so beautiful. Thank you so much for all of your work to make our Christmas that much merrier and Muppetier!
  7. LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Actually, if you look close to Sam, theres Rowlf next to him. :)
  8. frogboy4 Inactive Member

:wisdom: Caroll Spinney Celebration Menu :grouchy:

In this menu the site's red arches drop in as usual. A banner that reads "Celebrating Caroll Spinney" appears above the usual Muppet Central logo. Twinkling glitter sparkles briefly while Caroll's characters pop up into the arches along with the fabulous Mr. Spinney himself to the right of the logo while his signature character Big Bird is to the left.

On Big Bird's side (left to right) Snuffy, Grover and Little Bird join in on the celebration.

On Caroll's side (left to right) Oscar, Slimy and Biff appear.

Thank you Caroll Spinney for the special touch you have given Sesame Street over the past 40 years! You are a defining factor of Sesame's success as well as an important factor in this very artist's upbringing! There just cannot be enough thanks for that!

:)
  9. ngreen522 New Member

Great Menu Description, but isn't that Bruno all the way to the right, not Biff. Only noticed it cuz I specifically looked for this thread to remember his name, and "Biff" just wasn't sitting right.

Once again, here is another situation that proves I thought Muppets were real. Of course it makes sense that Caroll Spinney was Bruno. But until it's right there in my face, I must have subconsciously kept the notion that they were two entirely separate entities.
  10. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ooops. I meant Bruno. Good catch. I had to type that so quickly since the menu will only be up for a day. :o
  11. The Shoe Fairy Active Member

I liked the Caroll Spinney Menu, Good work! :D
    Stupid firefox....
  12. Erine81981 Active Member

Once again you've out done yourself with your art. This one has always been my favorite one of all. Caroll Spinney being one of my all time favorite puppet perfomer of all. Big Bird being the first one. Thanks again Jamie for another one of your masterpieces.
  13. frogboy4 Inactive Member

:mad: Moulin Scrooge Menu :)

A red curtain, with golden letters reading Muppet Central, rises to reveal a gold-trimmed theater stage with red curtains framing either side. Santa is on his sleigh in the center of the composition and is quickly eclipsed by the words Happy Holidays in gold. Bunsen’s head is the glowing moon in the snowy blue night sky. This is the Moulin Scrooge (Rouge) theme from the Muppet’s Christmas special on NBC a few years ago.

On the Left - from Left to Right:
    Three Muppet penguins in top hats are gathered on the far left side. Upon News rollover, three green singing Elfises pop up. Scooter peeks through the window of a spinning windmill adorned with red light bulbs on the blades. Upon Collectibles rollover, a glowing green fluttering winged Robin as the Green Fairy flies in (and out on rollout). Next to him, on Articles rollover, a sunglass wearing Gonzo appears with a cane in front of a lit building. Top hat Fozzie with a red coat raises his candycane cane on Forum rollover.

On the Right – from Left to Right:
    Right of the greeting the gold top hat wearing “Saltine” Piggy in a red dress perks up and sparkles on Guides rollover. There is a blinking Moulin Scrooge sign next to her and a swing underneath. A tuxedo Kermit pops up on Radio rollover. To his right, a tuxedo Pepe pops up on Cards rollover. Three cabaret chickens are positioned to the far right to balance out their penguin mates on the far left of the composition. On Help rollover three dancing girls, with Janice in the middle, pop into view, dance and kick their legs.

This was a very difficult menu to do at the time due to the fact that it was created right after the special aired and a year before the DVD release. Much of it was patched together with VCR screen grabs, magazine stills, Muppet art and other stock art in my archives. I really liked this number from the special and kind of wished it could have taken up more of the program. This is the final Christmassy menu from Muppet Central. One more holiday menu will arrive on New Years Day.

Happy Holidays!
    :flirt:
  14. frogboy4 Inactive Member

:) Happy New Year Manhattan Melodies 2009 Menu :flirt:

There’s a purplish-blue backdrop of a starry night sky with a moon and a New York prop-like cityscape rises up in front of it. Magenta, blue and yellow confetti fall across the screen. Fireworks of the same colors burst in the background. Four Manhattan Melody Muppets (dressed in their shimmering magenta, silver and blue tuxedos and top hats from the Muppets Take Manhattan) slide in to frame the Muppet Central logo in yellow. Miss Piggy has normal shoulder-length hair instead of the bad 80s perm, Kermit is next to her, Fozzie and Gonzo are to the right of the logo that gets replaced by the New Year’s ball drop. It has twinkling lights and blinks 2009. Pepe is straddling the ball.

The rollovers from left to right include Animal (with cane), Scooter (with cane), Rizzo pops up next to Miss Piggy, Kermit tips his hat on rollover as does Fozzie, Camilla pops up next to Gonzo, Janice pops up as does Rowlf. They are all dressed in the same costumes.

This is the final menu description until new ones are made. I hope to get around to creating new ones, but that could take some time. I wish there were time to spare as in the old days. Happy New Year and Frog Bless!

;)

Coming soon: Muppet Central 10th Anniversary Menu, Fraggle Rock 25th Anniversary Menu and the Valentine Menu.