2008 Olympics

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It's here! I love the Olympics, it's very Muppety to me too. So root here for your country (Go USA!), keep everyone updated on events and post your national pride.

Currently it's the "Parade of Nations", my favorite part. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh! You mean it's started already? I'm out of the loop. :stick_out_tongue:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I actually teared up while watching that little boy who walked with the Chinese team and hearing about his story. That's an inspiration!

Go USA and go everyone! I'm rooting for the little nations that only have one or two people competing. I like rooting for the underdog.

I really loved the artistic portion of the opening ceremony. It was amazing.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've really enjoyed the opening ceremony's from past years! I hope this years one was good!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Watched a tiny bit of the cycling and some of the rowing (not America's forté, but we didn't do terrible either). The stadiums and tracks China have built are beautiful.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
D'oh! The Chinese are ahead of us in medals. Catch up, US, catch up!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I just got through watching the men's swimming and with 4 members on the team and 4 laps for each team member, USA won the gold and beat the world record in less than 7 minutes to complete the race. Wow, wow, wow............

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just got through watching the men's swimming and with 4 members on the team and 4 laps for each team member, USA won the gold and beat the world record in less than 7 minutes to complete the race. Wow, wow, wow............
Yeah! My mom was telling me about that!:smile:

ngreen522

Reaction score
I watched women's sychronised diving early this morning. China rocked. They were so in sync, ... they could have been robots.