2011: What We Know And Can Hope For

beaker

Reaction score
I think we can agree it's all coming to a head next year. Seven years after the house of mouse bought the frog, we'll finally be seeing the full weight of Disney pushing our beloved characters to heights not seen in some time(and most likely even new heights never imagined)

So what do we know for sure is coming, what do you predict and what do you personally hope for?

What we know for sure:

1. Brand spanking new Muppet film that seems to already have all sorts of measures to make sure it's nothing short of amazing(Pixar brain trust guidance, full power of Disney behind it, Segal and Stoller putting a lot of time into it, etc)

2. Floodgate of merchandise from Disney. So far the only known so far are the Star Wars Muppets posable action figures with accessories and packins...but it doesn't take much guesswork to know there will be an unimaginable amount of Muppet merchandise made

Ok, that's all I got for what we know...as Im not entirely sure what other projects, dvds, merchandise, etc are in the works.

Now things I personally want to see:

1. Disney Muppet Celebration, similar to the ones they throw for Star Wars IF NOT a full blown Muppet convention like the one for Star Wars(or Muppetfest) If anything, I suppose D23 would serve as this

2. New Muppet show, and from the look of the youtube and muppets.com stuff, we know they have it in them to do great things

3. Full line of 3 3/4-4" Muppet Show action figures. Imagine the Fisher Price 1978, 2003 Jack in the Box 2003 line or the upcoming Star Wars Muppets...except of an endless array of characters akin to the Star Wars figure line. Everyone from Big Mean Carl and Pepe to Mildred, Droop and Luncheon Counter Monster could be made.

4. New Muppet magazine, a slick glossy publication akin to Star Wars Insider

5. NEW Muppet attractions, areas, eateries and vendors at Disney parks

6. Dvd release of Muppets @ Walt Disney World, Season 4 and 5 of TMS, and Muppets Tonight

Drtooth

Reaction score
A magazine's kinda wishing for the moon, considering that print media is dying, and I'd say Disney wants to stay as far from actual regularly published magazines as possible (death of DA a couple years ago being a big hint)... but I'd like to see a collectible one volume Muppet mag, like the Toy Story 3 mag they published this year. Just don't make a comic adaption of the entire movie and put it in the back of the issue. Really. Could there BE any bigger a spoiler than putting the entire movie in a magazine to ADVERTISE seeing the movie?

I would love them to, once that film is done filming, to finally film that Halloween special they've been trying to do since last year... hopefully with a 2 year hiatus, the script is going to be sharp and perfectly punched up. or any other smaller TV project of any kind to help push the movie and the popularity as far as it can go.

Somehow, I want a THIRD Muppet Comic. Not Monthly... Bi Monthly... maybe a short bimonthly 4 part miniseries. Something besides the classics line and the main one that lets the newer character get a bigger part of the spotlight... Dare I say a Muppets Tonight comic done is a similar fashion to TMSCB?

And we DEFINATELY need more and more web videos. And they don't all have to be musical numbers. They can ever reuse some of their Muppets XD clips on Youtube. Some viewers only watch youtube, and they lose half an audience that way.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would be great if Disney would find some way to rerelease Muppet Magazine. Maybe make a special release of many of the best articles and comics from the magazine. Or maybe a CD_rom of all the issues, similar to the Complete Mad Magazine CD-rom released ten years ago.

I hope that season 4 of The Muppet Show gets released next year (actually I wish it would come out this year).

zns

Reaction score
The thing that I'm hoping for is the new movie and the season 4 boxset.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Seeing that a new Muppet Show would follow the Muppet movie...these are my somewhat ordered choices.

1. New Muppet Movie
2. Muppet Show Seasons 4&5
3. New Muppet photos & 2012 calendar (with an improved likeness Miss Piggy)
4. Small figural and plush Muppets (maybe talking ones) with good likenesses
5. Muppet paper & stationary items
6. Re-release of Muppet Music Soundtracks
7. More Muppet books & comics with new photos and illustrations
8. More Muppet appearances
9. Revamped (less tweaky) Muppets.com website with new content
10. Muppet posers