2012 Theories

chrisfason

Reaction score
but what are we going to make movies of if there's no catastrophes to anticipate? :crazy:

in all seriousness, it's ridiculous to believe any of the hype over man-planned "end-times" speculation. sure, it's fun to goof on and we can only hope that the cgi isn't too "scooby-doo" in the movies, but the reality is... well, reality. i don't know why some of you are so hard up to have a thread closed; it seems all in good fun for me.

i like tacos. :stick_out_tongue:

oh, what about the sheer coolness (or potential terror) of the large hadron collider? if anything could end us all, there's that. :big_grin:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Wait, so what's the significance behind 2012? (the year, not the movie lol)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Whatever date isn't played to death on The History Channel, I'll take seriously. :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Here, I got something.

The world will end when that someone dies. It doesn't have to be everyone, but the world will end when someone dies in some way in some time.

Wait....that was a given for everybody at some point.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Wait, so what's the significance behind 2012? (the year, not the movie lol)
According the long count Mayan calendar, that is when it ends. But... What will probably happen is it will just roll into another calendar of 13000 years.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Didn't something like this happened before...I mean what about Y2K?

chrisfason

Reaction score
well, it's not a definitive conclusion that the mayan calander indicated the end of the world. i believe the shoe fairy's assumption that a new calender cycle would begin is much more accurate. people love to take something and make it into what it is not. heck, my wall calender ends at december 31, 2009. oh noes! the world will end!

and, yes, the world did end with y2k. we just haven't realized it yet.

:crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just worried about a Boy who Cried Wolf situation. And we all know what happened in the end of that one... after multiple false alarms about the wolf, people were too apathetic when the wolf actually did come.