2013 Daytime Emmy nominations

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just watched it. Sadly no Sesame appearance. But I was happy that they showed pictures of Jerry Nelson and Emily Squares during the memorial piece.
At least someone did. It's a huge shame that the Oscars completely glazed over him, but mentioned producers and behind the scenes guys no one has ever heard of. I mean, he was in at least 5 movies... that should count for something.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
At least someone did. It's a huge shame that the Oscars completely glazed over him, but mentioned producers and behind the scenes guys no one has ever heard of. I mean, he was in at least 5 movies... that should count for something.
Yeah. I watched the Daytime Emmys, too. He wasn't mentioned on the Primetime Emmys either. Jerry performed on The Muppet Show and countless Muppet specials.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Cookie Monster was there and helped present an award. I'm guessing that part wasn't televised.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So wait...

They put the Daytime Emmys on an obscure network no one even knows they have if they have it, and they still dump the kid's shows on the untelevised technical awards?

Yeah.... :sigh:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Dan Vs won an Emmy for Directing an Animated Program. All is well in the world.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
So wait...

They put the Daytime Emmys on an obscure network no one even knows they have if they have it, and they still dump the kid's shows on the untelevised technical awards?

Yeah.... :sigh:
Well, I have HLN. It's a shame that the children's category wasn't presented on the televised awards. I didn't see any Sesame Street Muppets during the awards ceremony.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just have to ask, why bother televising it at all? It's dangerously close to being on a public access channel, so why do the children's programming categories have to share the same ghetto as "Best Catering" and "Best Guy who gave a ride to a member of the production crew when his car wouldn't start that one time?" Clearly they don't care if anyone watches if it's not even on a cable channel people watch. Sure, it's not as prestigious as amazing adult programing that we can't live without like Judge Alex, The Chew, or one of the terrible new 90's throwback sleaze talk shows. But give the darn people who create kid's shows (Everyday Health excluded) some respect. They deserve an audience every bit as much as "Best The View Knockoff" does.