1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

2013 Muppets Wall Calendar

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by jvcarroll, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I think that would have been a great idea! All the Muppet posters and from shows from past productions. I would buy that!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

All of that. Yes to all of that. It does make sense that the white backdrop is supposed to mimic those posters, The DVD, and some of the merchandise... but I'm not too crazy about the white backdrop on those either. Even if they had to use those boring old photos, they could have done something more visually appealing with them.

But I agree fully. Where are the new posers? We've seen them for the movie posters, so we know they exist. Even if they just reverse photoshopped them off the Toy Story 3-looking jumble poster.

Still, I wonder how hard it would have been to use still frames from the last movie, or any of the movies for that matter?

But a Muppet movie poster calendar has merit. It's existing artwork, but its artwork we rarely see now. Especially those lovely The Muppet Movie and Great Muppet Caper posters.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  3. catherine

catherine Active Member

I would buy it, too, is there anyway, we could get the puppeteers, to do a calendar, for next year.
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

There as so many ways I want to take that comment...

A Muppeteer Calender...!
  5. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that probably will never happen. It would ruin the "magic" of the Muppets. That would be cool, though!
  6. Beauregard

*resisting urge to compare the Muppeteer Calender with popular Firemen or Men in Uniform calenders*

Bea:zany:{Okay, so, not resisting much...SWAEHB!}regard
  7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Weird, I don't think I've seen that gonzo before. And now that I have, I wish I could unsee it.
  8. Beauregard

I was going to click, "Like" but then decided that I actually love this post.
  9. Drtooth

Okay... get ready to apply palms to your faces...

These are photos of a Disney Store Tote bag...

Front
    [​IMG]

Side:
    [​IMG]

It makes brilliant use of new and some older stock photos, and gives them some wonderful visual dazzle.

They could JUST as easily use the SAME artwork here. I LOVE that Electric Mayhem photo on the side. I'd buy a poster of that, no problem.

This proves you CAN do something original and visually appealing with posers old and new.
  10. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Hmm... it says it is a sixteen month calendar, yet they only show 12 images....
  11. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I never trust calenders...they rub me the wrong way.
  12. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I wanted that bag when I saw it the last time I was at the Disney store but didn't get it...now I wish I had cause they don't carry it anymore. :(
  13. Pinkflower7783

Does anyone want any coffee mugs to go with their tote bag? :o

[​IMG][​IMG]
  14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

probably the 4 extra months are on one page. Most 16 month calendars I see do that
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah. That's pretty much how they all are. I think they basically do it to make it look like they're giving you more than they actually are...
  16. Drtooth

I wish they had an Electric Mayhem one. Though, I don't own or frequently use too many mugs. I'm not a fan of hot beverages. If I wasn't so deadset on getting the figure set, I probably would have picked one up, though.

Still, those are some visually stunning uses of poser photos... that black and white 3-D effect Miss Piggy thing is exquisite. And they're new posers at that.

From the last year... Yeah. That's bull and a cheap trick. It's only good for buying the calendar 4 months in advance and not having a calendar that year.
  17. Pinkflower7783

I didn't buy any either but I've drinken cold beverages out of coffee mugs before. I still wanna get the Kermit mug though.
  18. Drtooth

WAIT a second...

Turns out there's another Muppet Calendar?!?!

And WHAT?!?!

[​IMG]

It has better, new poser pictures including one with Walter?!

Though that Bunsen and Beaker is STILL overused. Everything else is fresh, and some designs are the same as the bag I posted.

How the heck are there two calendars?
    jvcarroll likes this.
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

This raises the question: Are there two calendars? Or did somehow something happen that an earlier calendar design accidentally got released, and then the later design did, or vice versa?
  20. Drtooth

It's two separate product entries, and it seems they're both American or at least ones that they can sell in America on amazon. Hopefully The Muppets Calendar is the one we'll all see in stores. Especially since the other one has a MUCH older logo that Disney stopped using since the film was about to come out.